Bad fashion advice from mom

jaim38

I know this is a bit off topic, but I need to rant it out. My mom keeps giving me bad fashion advice and recommendations! For some reason, she thinks I'm a size LLL (in fact, I am actually petite) and keeps buying me oversized shirts and pants. I remember during middle school, she bought a "beautiful goddess" t-shirt for me to wear so I wore it out in public and got weird looks and stares. I even see some people pointing to me and chuckling. I never wore that t-shirt ever again after middle school.

For some reason, she likes wearing some of my brother's clothes. Just yesterday, she took my brother's jean jacket (which he doesn't wear anymore) and told me to wear it. So I told her, "that jacket is way too big for me, way too poofy. If I wear this out in public, I will get laughed at." But none of my words sunk into her brain because she kept on insisting that I wear it. But she will never make me wear it!

Also, today before she went grocery shopping, I woke up and notice my mom wearing.....you guessed it....one of my brother's jacket! It looks....weird....on her, but it's not like I can force her to take it off.

So, I can think of several possibilities to explain this weird behavior. My mom is either very cheap, or very fashion challenged.

dottie

how old are you? maybe you can start working so you can afford your own clothes?

she sounds cheap, fashion-challenged, and controlling. try going to the thrift store (there are good and bad ones- find a good one). you can be cheap and fashionable. i am! :)

don't let her dress you! stand your ground! hahah

jaim38

I'm 22, and yeah, I had several people tell me to get a job. I am currently in school and will be done by next year.