Bad day dreams? Anyone else have them?

Forgotten-Children

I can't possibly be the only one that has them.

For me, it's like seeing something or thinking of something and then having a vision of something bad happening. Like say, looking over a cliff when hiking and you imagine yourself falling off, or like, you're walking on the sidewalk and glance at the moving cars so you imagine it hitting you?

I have them often but the worst ones I have are of my boyfriend and that he dies from his Wilson's Disease without be being able to be with him to support him.. I know he'll die one day long before me but I don't wanna think about me not being there for him..

For people who have these experiences, would you like to share?

lunaticbinge

I don't know if it's OCD or something, but I have thoughts like these often as well. Sometimes it's as mild as just creating a confrontation with someone in my head. Me just arguing with someone else over some problems we have with each other. Other times I can have thoughts of very violent things happening to me or people I know. Sometimes things get even weirder but i'd rather not go there. When this kind of stuff happens I just do something to occupy myself and usually the thoughts go away. Idle hands are the devil's workshop as they say.

IamThisOne

I think I know what you mean.

I don't have bad "day dreams" like yours. Mine are more like:

I'll be thinking of something that has to do with my desk at school. I could be thinking about something in the past or about something fake, but everytime I think about sitting in class I always imagine that I accidentally knock a glass coffee cup off the desk. Happens all the time.

I don't know if that is a relation to what you were talking about though. It's still somewhat of a bad thought.

IamThisOne

I don't know if it's OCD or something, but I have thoughts like these often as well. Sometimes it's as mild as just creating a confrontation with someone in my head. Me just arguing with someone else over some problems we have with each other. Other times I can have thoughts of very violent things happening to me or people I know. Sometimes things get even weirder but i'd rather not go there. When this kind of stuff happens I just do something to occupy myself and usually the thoughts go away. Idle hands are the devil's workshop as they say.

I get all those kinds of thoughts as well.

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple
I day dream a lot, and every once and a while one of them is bad that I just can't shake off. For the most part It's just one event, really short, I just think about over and over until I can change the dream. I usually don't let myself elaborate, but sometimes I do.