Babies

loserinamailbox

When you're feeling especially lonely from SAD, do you ever wish that you could have a baby? I find that the lonelier I get, the more I want one. They love without judging. They won't care if you can't hold a conversation, neither can they. They won't leave you. You can love them back because of that. Anyone else have thoughts similar before?

Starry

No...

But then I have my dogs for the unconditional/unjudgemental love thing lol... :lol:

Emma

Generally I hate babies....they annoy the hell out of me.....and I hate it how people who don't deserve to have kids just pop them out.....having said that though, I would probably feel differently about my own....so I guess sometimes I think that, although who the hell would sleep with me....and I have the distinct feeling I'm probably barren...oh well :?

Dreamer_15

babies are great..but not all people think that. babies arent something you can just wish for one minute then regret it the next. maybe its a good idea what starry said..how about getting a cat or a dog or something? they never judge or answer back and they're ALOT easier to look after than kids :lol:

rado31

I think that having a baby is a wonderful idea to someone wih SA, to move ones focus outwards. However, this world is overcrowded and this might be considered as another worry , as far the planet is going in the direction which i spotted a long ago(Unlike other men i wished about having my inheritor when i was 14...recently i have changed my mind, and there is no a proper women -also i m not good enough) . Babies are cute , even if the people who are getting them are disgusiting

Foxglove

You have to remember, though, that babies grow older and become children, and then you have to deal with kindergarten, school, teachers, the child's friends and their parents. The happiest time in my life was when my son was small, up until he started school. It was wonderful to have this person in my life who belonged just to me (well, and to my husband, I guess), someone for whom I was the center of the world, someone who loved me and thought I was wonderful. But then he started school, and started wanting friends to come over, or be taken to other friends. Having to deal with the other kids parents is so hard for me. Like, when they bring their kid to our house, they expect to be invited in for coffee and a chat. An absolute nightmare for me :roll: . Now he is getting to the age (he's almost 11) where he is becoming more independent every day, and I can already see the yawning emptiness which will come over my life when he doesn't need me anymore. Then my existence will be absolutely pointless.

I think more people should adopt kids or be good foster parents before having a bunch of their own kids. Personally I feel I need to win the lottery before I could afford to have kids.

Sacrament

If you have a baby because you feel 'lonely', not only will you be an extremely dumb person, but you'll also be unhappy because it won't do you any good. What a ridiculous reason to have a child.

loserinamailbox

Sacrament said:
If you have a baby because you feel 'lonely', not only will you be an extremely dumb person, but you'll also be unhappy because it won't do you any good. What a ridiculous reason to have a child.

I wouldn't be stupid enough to actually do anything like that...

It's just a thought.

Geeze.

IBM

I know few single girls at 20's/30's that say their daughters are their best friend and they live only for them. If they hadnt their babies maybe they would feel very lonely and depressed.

Scully1

I feel the same way. The lonelier I am, the more I want a baby. And it makes me :? sad/upset/confused to see people I know who are rude/inconsiderate (and not always pretty or smart) have boyfriends/husbands/babies/the house with the white picket fence... I know I'm avoidant and I'm really trying to change my pattern of behaviour. I think I've made major improvements lately...and I won't give up hope. But I think sometimes life is unfair. I have just as much to offer as any of those other women who have a husband and child ... so why can't I fulfill that dream. Why is it my fate to have a personality disorder and live through circumstances that prevent me from being completely happy and procreating:?: Shouldn't we all have a chance in this world.

SocialRetahd

Before you have a kid, make sure you use a computer morphing program to see if you two make a good match aesthetically.