Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Self-deserting

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • All equally relevant to me

Votes: 6 33.3%

• Total voters

SR287

Phobic (including dependent features)
General apprehensiveness displaced with avoidable tangible precipant; qualms and disquietude symbolized by repugnant and specific dreadful object or circumstances.

Conflicted (including negativistic features)
Internal discord and dissension; fears independence and dependence; unsettled; unreconciled within self; hesitating, confused, tormented, paroxysmic, embittered; unresolvable angst.

Hypersensitive (including paranoid features)
Intensely wary and suspicious; alternately panicky, terrified, edgy, and timorous, then thin-skinned, high-strung, petulant, and prickly.

Self-deserting (including depressive features)
Blocks or fragments selfawareness; discards painful images and memories; casts away untenable thoughts and impulses; ultimately jettisons self (suicidal).[23]

Above are suggested subtypes for AvPD.... I tried to do a poll but it wasnt working? Im just curious who feels which categories they fit into.. or if everyone feels they are a bit of them all?? For me I feel I fit into them all slightly but probably can relate more to the last two mostly, hypersensitive and self-deserting... I say self deserting not because I am suicidal, although at my worst moments that sometimes does cross my mind... but mostly relate to the other parts...

There's always a first time for everything eh.

I have traits from all the above but some traits I don't have. Interesting read though. I thought I knew everything about AvPD. Wellllllll I do have a memory of a goldfish so maybe I knew all these subtypes at one point.

SR287

Yeah I tried to see when they came about but couldnt find it.... It just popped up on wikipedia when I looked at it yesterday when it was not on there before so not sure if it is new or just newly added....

A little with all of them, but right now I'd say mostly conflicted- especially the part about fearing dependence and independence, as I do not want to be dependent, but feel completely incapable of successfully being independent.

TailsAlone

I'm as afraid of success as I am of failure. I see how change could be good for me but I don't want to implement it. I'm confused and indecisive. I hate looking stupid but I'm afraid to take control of a situation. And my only comfort zone comes from wallowing in my own discomfort.

Yeah, I'd say I'm conflicted. xD

I'm also hypersensitive and as the medical description says, I "respond to low-level criticism with intense hurt."