Asmr

Swifty

So i recently found out that i've ASMR. However, i've been experiene it for years.

Autonomous Sensory Meridian Response (ASMR) is a term used to describe a sensory experience characterized by a tingling sensation in the head and scalp, which can be triggered by sounds like whispering or brushing, and visual stimulus like painting or drawing. On YouTube, the phenomenon inspired the creation of “whisperer” videos, in which people attempt to trigger the viewer’s ASMR by speaking in a soft voice and making various sounds with inanimate objects.

I get this tingling sensation in my head when i watch certain Youtube videos or listen to certain people. It feels really nice and i never want it to end. I'm reading more and more into it.

I wonder, who else experiene this?

Newtype

I have ASMR but I don't have the tingling sensation. Personally, I think ASMR is deeper than just a tingling sensation. With that said, I can't describe what I feel when I experience it. I also feel it differently depending on the type of trigger. My first experiences often involved someone trying to explain to me something in school, when they would get close to me and talk with a soft voice.

Swifty

I have ASMR but I don't have the tingling sensation. Personally, I think ASMR is deeper than just a tingling sensation. With that said, I can't describe what I feel when I experience it. I also feel it differently depending on the type of trigger. My first experiences often involved someone trying to explain to me something in school, when they would get close to me and talk with a soft voice.

Thanks for replying. I've experiences too when certain people try to explain me something. I really want to look deeper in ASMR.

Nathália

I never really categorized it. I am sensitive to touch, sounds and certain pictures. I have a tingling scalp right now and it's been on and off all day. It's one reason why I don't like to be touched by people. It can be offensive when people talk into my ear because I can feel sensations from it and I may not want to feel that from certain people. It's also very ticklish when people do it sometimes. I do feel that these things especially around PMS, it worsens when I'm in hormonal stages.

I had to look this up on YouTube and it was very ticklish to listen to, I shivered and it felt like my scalp was pulsing just a little bit, but like a tingling pulse( maybe I'm not explaining it well). It made me uncomfortable, I had to turn the video off fast, because I was too tickled by it. I've just assumed that everyone felt that somewhat, nice to know. I'll have to research this more now.

Last edited:

Swifty

I never really categorized it. I am sensitive to touch, sounds and certain pictures. I have a tingling scalp right now and it's been on and off all day. It's one reason why I don't like to be touched by people. It can be offensive when people talk into my ear because I can feel sensations from it and I may not want to feel that from certain people. It's also very ticklish when people do it sometimes. I do feel that these things especially around PMS, it worsens when I'm in hormonal stages.

I had to look this up on YouTube and it was very ticklish to listen to, I shivered and it felt like my scalp was pulsing just a little bit, but like a tingling pulse( maybe I'm not explaining it well). It made me uncomfortable, I had to turn the video off fast, because I was too tickled by it. I've just assumed that everyone felt that somewhat, nice to know. I'll have to research this more now.

I can relate with being sensitive for touch and sounds, but not to pictures. It's annoying as hell, especially when there is a sudden loud noise.
You explained very well on the tingling pulse part, but i see it makes you uncomfortable. To me it's a nice feeling that i never want to stop. And yeah, it seems like lots of other people experience the tingling too. I just hope it isn't a bad thing for the body:3 anyway, thanks for your respond!