as good as it gets???

loloy

im beginning to come to the conclusion, what ive got now, this is as good as it will get. Before it seemed like I was always waiting for my life to happen, Il get a better job, il go travelling, il get more confident, when i have all those things il be happy. But this is my life - NOW. I became reliant on pain killers for a while as they seemed to numb the pain and im stopping that now as they were sooo bad for me.... yeah I feel like crap at the moment but will it get any better..... I douth it. This is life now and ive got to stop waiting for it to happen or one day it will be over. Just a random rant here :)

When I am anxious it is because I am living in the future. When I am depressed it is because I am living in the past. ~Author Unknown

loloy

yes exactly so basically we have to just take one day at a time - no wishing for things in the future and forget about the past - its done :)

Damaged

I dont think you should just accept that this is your life, because thats just giving in? Nothings going to get better if you give in.

I set myself lil aims, and i try to remain positive and things start to look up.

BlackKids

I think thats properly the most destructive way of thinking. The minute you settle then your hope has gone. Keep pushing, keep trying, keep motivated.
If you want something then you have to make it happen. Your not just gunna get what you want handed to ya, you have to go out and take it!

redhead042

exactly how I feel, I'll think by next year I'll be where I want and then I stop and think I thought that last year and the year before that and the year before that......

a doctor doing CBT said the worst mistake ppl make is thinking time will cure them.. so u have to do smthg right now.. not rely on time..
my two cents..

jaypee06

i go through extreme mood swings where sometimes i just think this is it, i should just get used to being like this and should start preparing myself emotionally for a bleak future

Fighter86

a doctor doing CBT said the worst mistake ppl make is thinking time will cure them..

Indeed, 7 years on, I still find that I'm still as socially inept as I was in the exact same scenario, its unbelievable seriously to actually count the years back and realised its truly been so long.

jamez

Definitely life can past in a blink of an eye. It hasn't happened to me but I wasted a lot of years too.

Good things come though as a result of doing positive things in the present. In the end you want a life with no regrets. So time to get cracking but enjoy the moment too.

U

userremoved

I think thats properly the most destructive way of thinking. The minute you settle then your hope has gone. Keep pushing, keep trying, keep motivated.
If you want something then you have to make it happen. Your not just gunna get what you want handed to ya, you have to go out and take it!

I agree. I think we all know by now that if you wait for life to happen then it wont. You pretty much get out of it what you put in unless you're very lucky. Though it is good that you enjoy the present it's always good to keep goals.