Are we smarter than common people?

bony666

I see the big majority of people here is the "I don't want to follow, I don't want to lead" kind. And that shows intellectual maturity.
We know we can handle things without other people.

I've always seen almost all my classmates as dumb, stupid, shallow, ignorant...

I was a kid worried with things other kids would never even know it exist.
So I used to be lonely and mocked. And off course, I started to be very shy and quiet at school. But before school I was a happy talkative kid.
I can see this at old films from my family.

How can we hang out with people we simply cannot relate to?

How could I act like those idiots?
I've never had anything in common with them...

We simply can't relate with this people, and since we are alone and the "normal" thing is to act like those "normal" kids and relate to them, we start to feel bad for not fitting in, and the disorder starts to appear...

What your opinion guys?

totally agree: 100 %
I think I was always interested in different things than other children/teenagers of my age. That's partly because my mother was always revealing her adult problems to me. This is very unfair cause my brothers don't get this speech, and they just think about their own lives. Whereas my life was always intoxicated by my mother's stories. I was therefore constantly worried and couldn't pay attention to those 'normal' things that you're talking about in your post. This has isolated me from other peers and the SP got worse

Not only that, but they have already eaten so many jelly beans over the years that I have no chance of catching up. That and I have no idea anymore how to even eat the d@mn things. And I am now terrified of jelly beans and run away with even a hint of anything small and colorful. Who's the smart one now? Not me.
Preach on brother, preach on :D

It's funny isn't it.
You try to do the right thing in your mind and then it turns out that you are
a boob that has wasted away.
That is what it feels like for me.

Last edited:

Rxqueen

I see the big majority of people here is the "I don't want to follow, I don't want to lead" kind. And that shows intellectual maturity.

So I used to be lonely and mocked. And off course, I started to be very shy and quiet at school. But before school I was a happy talkative kid.

We simply can't relate with this people, and since we are alone and the "normal" thing is to act like those "normal" kids and relate to them, we start to feel bad for not fitting in, and the disorder starts to appear...

What your opinion guys?

I feel exactly the same way. Though I don't think I'm necessarily smarter than the "socially inclined" (lol) I'm just more thoughtful and introverted. Most people that have to deal with rejection and are quiet have a lot more to say and are alot more likely to be open and willing to new things. I do sometimes think I'm an alien and I don't belong on earth with everyone else. I just feel like I'm too sensitive and weird to belong anywhere.....like I'm destined to be an outsider. Anyways, I can relate.....I don't think we're smarter, we're just thinkers...if that makes sense....

Khanya

What your opinion guys?

I agree with you on that. I was also talkative and outgoing before I was mocked and the anxiety began to appear.

Mikefly

ʞɹɐqʎǝʞɐןɟ;259703 said:
ignorant, dumb, stupid, shallow blablabla. did you ever think that being human is hard... for everyone?

yeah true but if your gonna act that way i'd rather you not say anything at all.

alex7

I don't think ppl with SA possess any higher intelligence than anyone else, but i do believe that because we are prone to question the purpose of life, our perspective on what matters in life and what doesnt is completely different than others. You can say that those with SA have a firmer grasp on what they want out of life, and maybe that is why we usually are stricken with depression. We know what we want, but we also know that our mind can prevent us from ever attaining it.

In my opinion, people with SA are a lot more aware of the limitations of their own abilities and the limitations of their own lives than regular people, but one can argue that our perceived "limitations" are just a figment of our imagination, which consequently, makes us less intelligent than regular people

bony666

I think that Sp sufferers are usually very spiritual people. The disease makes you disconnect from common ground, and you become the opposite of a 'materialist' person

However, I don't think I am more clever than most people: I still think I am smarter in many ways. Being overly self-conscious,, mkes aware about any mistakes: and I usually don't do the same bad things as so many people do 'by accident' . The fear developed through SP acts as a prevention to risk-taking; and I am usully very ponderate and calm.

Many people would kill to have this level of calmness and discernment: I can see this in my everyday life

JamieD

Without sounding big-headed, i think we are. I've known some people with SA and they all have one thing in common, they're VERY smart and very good at certain tasks.

itay

you've hit the nail on the head

static

I don't know about smarter, but I think we notice things that outgoing/"normal" people don't.