Are anyone else an immigrant?

AGR

Just curious,I am originally from Brazil,then I came here in my teens,when I got here I actually thought that I would marry someone japanese and stay here forever,well now I cant stand living here anymore,everything is good and calm,but its too calm,I cant relate with my contrymen here,cant relate with japanese people,cant relate with anyone really,at least in my homecountry I had friends and a very big familly,maybe next year I will be going back.

do you guys have any stories or anything similar?

hidwell

Well I was born in England came to Australia when I was 9 now 38 , yet I still feel English. I relate more with English people than I do Australians, though I think this is partly due to Social anxiety. Just had 3 weeks back in England I could definitely live there quite easy, you never forget your roots.

Waybuloo

I've twice immigrated and am happy with my second choice - Britain. I do miss the last country I stayed in, but I also think I can relate to British culture and British people better. I've also lived in Australia for most of my life but I didn't feel secure or fitted in. I don't think the SA think goes down well in any country but it's ok to be eccentric and individual here in Britain.

Last edited:
I'm Dutch but my girlfriend and I are considering emigrating to Canada, Vancouver. So, that's a whole different world! :D