Aproaching girls...

cLavain

tehStranger said:
should I bother if they're in pairs?
Good heavens, no! Girls walking in pairs are never interested in relationships. Well known fact. :wink:

Other than that, no advice, sorry.

Moz

Wots helping for me is just saying fuck it, Its not going to happen on its own, U just have to say to ur self wots the worst that can happen, Good luck friend

Horatio

try going to a department store and find a real cute girl working in the cologne section

this serves a dual purpose....

1: the cute girl is paid to be friendly/flirt with you in order to sell expensive colonge. consider this a stress free practise.

2: after your "approaching cute girl practise" you get to walk away with a nice smelling cologne (ok and an empty wallet)

but hey seems a worthwhile excersise to me

Kinetik

Are you talking about a pub/club type setting? Because if so, alcohol really makes things easier. I mean, I wouldn't ordinarily say "go get drunk" because it can be habit-forming, but to get the ball rolling, sure. There's nothing worse than being stone-cold sober and being so completely aware of what you're doing when approaching someone, especially when you're really new at it. Alcohol kind of numbs the dread and makes you forget rejection if it does happen. It also helps you get a feel for the whole thing so that you can soon do this with or without liquor (preferably without of course, I'm pretty straight-edge).

Thelema

See if the girl has a Myspace account. I can say from person experience that it is much easier to be able to type something out and think about it a while before you send it.

anxiousmouse

i would not bother if i were you... this can be a real interesting experience where you could broaden your ideas of talking.. maybe you will get up ending the 2 women :twisted:

If you do not really fear the rejection status.. just try to be yourself here and talk..
Sincerely i would find it really challenging... and surprising result might come

jennn

try to come up with a question she can help you with first and at some point in the conversation you need to just tell her she's pretty. I know it seems cheesy & that's a hard thing to ask if you have sa. but girls want to hear this and it might work if the girl is nice, as long as you're sincere about it.

renegadee

Kinetik said:
Are you talking about a pub/club type setting? Because if so, alcohol really makes things easier. I mean, I wouldn't ordinarily say "go get drunk" because it can be habit-forming, but to get the ball rolling, sure. There's nothing worse than being stone-cold sober and being so completely aware of what you're doing when approaching someone, especially when you're really new at it. Alcohol kind of numbs the dread and makes you forget rejection if it does happen. It also helps you get a feel for the whole thing so that you can soon do this with or without liquor (preferably without of course, I'm pretty straight-edge).

Kinetik, I'm curious about your experiences in clubs. Can u share some with us ? :)

I'll describe my first ''flirt'' in a club, if you can call it that way.

It was about 2 weeks ago. I thought of it this way: being my first attempt to pick up girls in real life (not on the internet), I chose a club where students use to ghater.

Ok, I filled the tank with a beer and left. I went alone of course. As I arrived, I bought myself another beer. I was getting kind of dizzy, more relaxed and stuff.

So...now...how to approach a girl ? There were some dancing, so they were out of the question. Some came with they'r BF's. There were groups of 3 to 10 girls.

Of course, I was not looking for any girl, I was looking for one that had that ''something'', I don't know how to call it, blame the feromones :D

One caught my eye. I started staring at her. She noticed that, although she was far away from me 8O . It was a girls night-out for her and her other 6 friends. I continued looking at her and likewise. That lasted 4 ever as I was striving not to look elsewhere but in her eyes.

On the second round of eye contact I tried smiling...she smiled back. Now that wasn't so hard, was it ? OK, WHAT NOW ? :oops: I walked thwards her and the anxiety kept rising and rising till I couldn't stand it and I backed off :evil: Of course I made eye contact with her several times afterwards, but that was it.

I guess she was expecting me to make the first move....yeah, sure :x

Ok, back to the drawing board...I looked 4 another one...and bingo...she was dancing alone somewhere in a corner and I think she was looking 4 a boy 2 approach her cause she was looking around in all directions. I made eye contact with her too...I smiled and she smiled back.

So...if I can't talk 2 her there, maybe I can talk to her ....online. So I wrote her my yahoo messenger Id on a small paper, I wrote a few word like...you're cute and I would like 2 know you better and I walked 2 her and handed her the note. Then I left the club to avoid making a fool of myself.

That didn't turned out well...not a sign from her.

But hey, you can't win from the start. I hope my future attempts will be more daring and....succesfull. :roll:

BrokenSmile

renegadee said:
Kinetik said:

Kinetik, I'm curious about your experiences in clubs. Can u share some with us ? :)

I'll describe my first ''flirt'' in a club, if you can call it that way.

It was about 2 weeks ago. I thought of it this way: being my first attempt to pick up girls in real life (not on the internet), I chose a club where students use to ghater.

Ok, I filled the tank with a beer and left. I went alone of course. As I arrived, I bought myself another beer. I was getting kind of dizzy, more relaxed and stuff.

So...now...how to approach a girl ? There were some dancing, so they were out of the question. Some came with they'r BF's. There were groups of 3 to 10 girls.

Of course, I was not looking for any girl, I was looking for one that had that ''something'', I don't know how to call it, blame the feromones :D

One caught my eye. I started staring at her. She noticed that, although she was far away from me 8O . It was a girls night-out for her and her other 6 friends. I continued looking at her and likewise. That lasted 4 ever as I was striving not to look elsewhere but in her eyes.

On the second round of eye contact I tried smiling...she smiled back. Now that wasn't so hard, was it ? OK, WHAT NOW ? :oops: I walked thwards her and the anxiety kept rising and rising till I couldn't stand it and I backed off :evil: Of course I made eye contact with her several times afterwards, but that was it.

I guess she was expecting me to make the first move....yeah, sure :x

Ok, back to the drawing board...I looked 4 another one...and bingo...she was dancing alone somewhere in a corner and I think she was looking 4 a boy 2 approach her cause she was looking around in all directions. I made eye contact with her too...I smiled and she smiled back.

So...if I can't talk 2 her there, maybe I can talk to her ....online. So I wrote her my yahoo messenger Id on a small paper, I wrote a few word like...you're cute and I would like 2 know you better and I walked 2 her and handed her the note. Then I left the club to avoid making a fool of myself.

That didn't turned out well...not a sign from her.

But hey, you can't win from the start. I hope my future attempts will be more daring and....succesfull. :roll:

Verry nice thing to find out for Christmas . :( :x :oops: :evil: Life sucks

GuardianKnight

Here goes!:

1) Any decent non-whore woman in this world doesn't want a guy hitting on her. That means that you have to talk to her like you would talk to another human being you care about. In a bar/restaurant setting, saying hi and asking if you want to buy her a drink, etc. usually works pretty well. If you want to compliment her, I find that "beautiful" works way better than "hot" -- one of them makes you come off as a sweet guy, the other one makes you look like a dirty manwhore. >:D

2) If you're nervous about approaching her, see if she gives you some positive feedback while you're looking at her. If she keeps her eyes on you for a while or slightly smiles, chances are good she won't completely reject you if you try to go talk to her.

3) If you finally do start talking to her, try establishing a common ground as fast as you can. Positive connections are always a good thing! Travel, hobbies, movies, etc. are great things to talk about. If you think you can make her laugh, go for it, that's the best thing you can do when you're first talking to someone.

4) Pay attention to what she's talking about rather than her hot body. Good luck with that one ;)

5) Be yourself and relax. Rejection isn't anywhere near the end of the world, it just means she misses out.

Good luck and take care :D