Apologizing

razzle dazzle rose

Who here says sorry a lot? What are your thoughts on people apologizing to you, or you apologizing back?

I used to have a problem with this. I have cut way back on my "sorrys" but I still say it a lot. I read an article about this a while back and since then I have become more aware of it. I only want to say sorry when I am actually sorry :)

One thing I do think I say to much is thank you though, I say it all the time and I think most of the time it's unnecessary. It's usually how I end any sort of formal interaction, and I'll repeat it three or 4 times sometimes if the other person keeps saying things. "so we're all set here" "ok cool thank you" "Here's you key" "thanks" "and now I'm off to my appointment" "alight bye thanks" Maybe a little rude, but I get excited when a conversation is about to end ::p:

Me too! I noticed this the other day when I was at a restaurant with my sister. I kept saying thank you to the waiter...it was exhausting, and I probably appeared insecure? I dunno. I don't want to be rude though. I am always unsure of what is appropriate :question: I have seen people completely ignore their waiters, like give them no response when they refill their drinks or take away plates; I also see this in movies and shows...I just can't do that!

This is an old thread, but it is an interesting one :)