Anyone see alcohol lowers sweating?

bigchris

I always find that whenever I drink alcohol I don't sweat at all, in combination with Ditropan its pretty much 100% no sweat, although the combo could be hell to my liver. Has anyone noticed this? Along with the buzz of being drunk and lack of sweating I've started drinking whenever I can and starting to crave it a bit, might have to calm it down.

hels

If anything alcohol makes me sweat more, especially as some types make my face flush, plus the sweats i get with a hangover are terrible.

Nicholas

Yes, it seems I sweat less when I'm drunk or at least partially drunk... But how do I know if I really sweat less or if I just seem to sweat less because when I am drunk I just pay less attention?

rado31

alcocol is good, but next whole day youll be sweating even much more , even if you dont have hangover . This is just short-term thing, not as close to the solution of HH problem

bigchris

I don't see any increase or decrease in sweating the day after. I don't get hangovers, I've found ever since I drink 2 pints of water (or more depending on how much i've drunk) before I go to sleep I don't get a hangover.

FOR REAL

Banned
i drink alcohol and its good at the time, i dont sweat until the next day though.

i do drink about 6 or 7 pints of water per day. i think by doing that i avoid hangovers

if ditropan is a benzo/sedative then it should have no effect on your liver or kidneys (some expert told me that!).

mimi1988

Funny, alchol seems to do just the OPPOSITE to me. It makes me sweat like crazy! Well, only if I've drinked 2 much and am drunk.

gg1101

Alcohol causes dehydration. That is why some stop sweating when you drink it. For other people, alcohol causes increased blood flow to the skin. Our body feels overheated and they try to cool off by sweating.

bill-uk

I definitely sweat more after consuming alcohol, particularly the day after and I feel hotter too. That said, a couple of years ago I abstained for 3 weeks and the sweating overall remained the same. Now considering cutting out cornflakes in the morning but having eaten them for 40 years, it'll be hard !!! ;)

Aquista

I don't sweat at all when drunk. Maybe because I'm not so anxious about it? Whatever it is, it makes me feel normal :)

beckiboo

one when I got absolutely mashed I stopped completely, but that was just the once =( might give it another go lol

JJ1901

Alcohol definitely stops my sweating. Probably because of the dehydration but also because it calms me down. Wouldn't say it is the best cure to HH though haha

hb72

alcohol is a central nervous system relaxant that's why most people's hyperhidrosis stops when they drink a lot, due to the whole over active nervous system thing. " Alcohol's primary effect is the increase in stimulation of the GABAA receptor, promoting central nervous system depression" that's why it has a similar effect as xanax and other benzos because they both stimulate gaba receptors in the brain, gaba is like the calming neuron.

xlisax

When I drink my sweating gets worse, I get really hot, sweat incredible amounts, and go really red. I also sweat more than usual the next day.