Anyone need a dog walker in Berkshire?

Jodie-Tyler

Hi,
My name is Jodie, I'm 17 years old, 18 in September, and I would love to have a job working with animals. Being a member of SPW i understand the differculties of the work place and, know how hard it is to leave the comforts of home.

I currently work as an Admin Assistant for Berkshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust. And i have always struggled to cope with the socializing that comes with working in an office.
I have had pets all my life, varying from dogs, cats and rabbits; all different breeds and sizes. And I adore all animals.

And i really want to escape the bores and stresses of office work and do something i am passionate about; Animals!

If you or know of anyone who is looking for a dog walker, email me the details.

Many Thanks
Jodie Funnell

X

miss_amy

Hi Jodie,

Might be worth sticking an ad in your local shop windows or vets, local notice boards, or local paper. Are there any kennels or rescue centres close by? They are usually looking for volunteers for walkers and it could be an opening in to a future job with animals.

Good luck.

Jodie-Tyler

It costs money to put ads in paper and shop windows, and I cant ask for persmission to do so due to my SP.

So online advertising is all i have.
Yes, i've searched for Kennel jobs, waiting to hear back from them.

Word-process a flyer and do a letterbox drop - I did this for some work a few years ago and it went well. :)

Jodie-Tyler

isnt that ilegal?

dont think i would feel comfortable putting my contact details on something that may end up in the street cos its blew away or something.

plus i dont leave the house apart from work or....nope thats it.
:)

Feathers

Some people put ads/leaflets in the library or a cafe/candy store/bakery or such... and ask people there to recommend you to people who might need this.. You could just put your e-mail on it maybe? (Without your real name maybe?)

I've seen leaflets on 'walk routes' too, like on lamp posts or such..

Also, you could ask hairdressers or such, people who have other types of customers, to recommend you to others maybe?

Also, check local small ads websites (where people eg look for rooms etc, like Craigslist in USA), on some you can post for free.. Or local forums like Berkshire or UK forums.. people from all over the world are on SPW..

If you don't intend to start a real biz legally, better keep your real name & surname away from it I guess.. Look into options for own biz maybe, it's easy and cheap to start one in UK or Ireland, I don't know about the taxes though.. Or you could be organized like a non-profit maybe, check any local small biz office websites maybe? Or get in touch with local entrepreneurs who might know more?

coyote

i have a new pet, but she's kind of skittish

how well do you get along with foxes?

Darryl

Miss amy mentioned vets.

I think this is a great place to start and may even lead to you helping them out?

Most vets employ young staff to help out because "they love animals- even foxes"

So you have to be brave, and if they don't need anyone at the minute, leave your name if something pops up.

Print out your name and phone number around the size of a business card.

I think your onto something, well done.

Darryl

Jodie-Tyler

i have a new pet, but she's kind of skittish

how well do you get along with foxes?

A fox? you want me to walk a fox? LOL

I've never handled a fox, plus I how does it act when around dogs in the park ect?

I love all aniamls, even foxes, so im not too worried :p
But how would one take a fox out for a walk LOL???
xx
J