anyone from brisbane????

I'm 29 and have had SP since I was 19. I live about 90mins out of Brisbane but I'm keen to meet up with fellow SPers at some stage and Brisbane is probably where it's most likely to happen.

I've been to Brisbane for therapy a few times but unfortunately the therapist seemed more interested in making money than helping anyone. It's not fun paying $100/hour for someone to tell you a few things that can easily be found in any SP book or web site.

Anyhow, if anyone wants a bit of a chat on MSN, feel free to PM me.

daspaneon

Well, I'm on the southside, but the last time I met anyone with SA was at
a recovery workshop full of suspiciously extroverted people, so...

pbr2006

Hi everyone,

I have just found this forum and would like to say hi to everyone here. I have SAD and have experienced all the frustrations, disappointments and isolation that is part of the SAD package.

I am a 32, live on the gold coast and am keen to exchange information, strategies and resources with other people.

It's certainly important to realise that you don't have to battle through this on your own, so say hi sometime! I'd be glad to help out if i can.

Cheers,

Paul. [email protected]

p.s. Keep smiling!

Soya

i would like to meet up with other SA suffers in Brizzy preferably around in the 20 year old age group,

Email me

nikole

hey everyone

i am new here......and am pretty sure i have had sp for several years now........i am really nervous even witing this :)

well i am from brissy to so just thought i would say hi

elizabeth86

Hey Nikole,
Yay another brisbanite!
I'm pretty new to this forum too. It's a big help though. Where abouts are you from?

nikole

hey elizabeth86 yay thats exciting i was wondering how many ppl were from brissy..........i dont want to get to specific on here but feel feel to msg me :)

Hey guys, im in brissy too and this is my first ever post! For many years i thought i was the only person around that suffered from this phobia. Its amazing how similar our stories are...

hulkamaniak

Im from Brisbane too. From Northgate, which is close to suburbs such as Nudgee, Sandgate, Banyo, Woolowin etc.

Ive only just revealed to my family and stuff how i really feel and am getting help, so im a lil anxious at the moment, but sure id give myself a kick up the arse and meetup, or atleast talk over msn.

Im 20,Male, msn is [email protected]

Hey, good for you hulk, iv been in counselling for about 18 months and its the best thing i ever did. I still have heaps to work on but am getting there. Its one day at a time for me at the moment. Seeking help is the first step and i hope it goes well for you.

hulkamaniak

BluesForTheRedSun said:
Hey, good for you hulk, iv been in counselling for about 18 months and its the best thing i ever did. I still have heaps to work on but am getting there. Its one day at a time for me at the moment. Seeking help is the first step and i hope it goes well for you.

Its a little daunting at first, ive only been to two sessions, and im still at the point were i think "as if this is going to help", but i guess if youve been anxious since you can barely remember, it will take alot of time to repair it, hope you make a full recovery too

You've just got to hang in there mate, Iv had many days when iv wanted to storm out of counselling because i thought it was a huge waste of time. It happened just last week actually, my councellor knows how to push my buttons, but looking back i can say that im in a much better position then what i was 18 months ago. Talking about it really helps, i just wish i had done something about it much sooner instead of wasting so many years fighting the thoughts in my head.