anyone from brisbane????

sensitive

Yeah, it's in NSW. Cassie we mean redlay, he asked where she lives so i said so. we don't mean you. i don't know where Howard is but i can search at maps (on the Web) 8) . Can you believe i know the street where redlay lives, i got it from the web :D

sensitive

Iam so sorry, what the hell i was thinking of? don't worry, i didn't tell the street yet :p

He was asking about you and i thought i can help :?

redlady

Hey skins, well as you can see i am way off from you man - you and Cassie should get together sometime and then make a post telling eveyone about it :) Well if that's okay with you guys of course.

zentron

From Brisbane (Beenleigh)

Hi im from brisbane. I think i may have a mild form of social phobia. I often make excuses not to go out with people. I hate talking to people on the phone and whenever i talk with people apart from really one close friend all i can think about is ending the convo and leaving. Can anyone advise what steps i can take to treat this or people in the area that i can talk to? its catch 22. You need to talk to someone to treat it, but the very nature of the condition makes you avoid seeing people.

zentron

Re: From Brisbane (Beenleigh)

skins said:
zentron said:
Hi im from brisbane. I think i may have a mild form of social phobia. I often make excuses not to go out with people. I hate talking to people on the phone and whenever i talk with people apart from really one close friend all i can think about is ending the convo and leaving. Can anyone advise what steps i can take to treat this or people in the area that i can talk to? its catch 22. You need to talk to someone to treat it, but the very nature of the condition makes you avoid seeing people.

Hi zentron, it definitely sounds like sp you have there, I don’t know of any ppl in your area that can treat it, but it is probably best to get treatment now while it is mild before it worsens, bout the only thing you should do is go see your gp or see a therapist that has delt with sa/sp. the only other thing you can do is find out as much as you can about it (like visiting these forums etc so you can learn what things triggers it and to avoid safety behavious etc). i'm going to be seeing a therpist soon about it myself, treatment is often CBT cognitive behavioural therapy....welcome to forum btw :D

Thanks for the advice. Therapy is definately something ive been thinking more about lately, i spose now its just a matter of finding one that isnt overly expensive.

missninja

hi all,

im new here today. :wink:

i am in between brisbane and howard he he!
on the sunshine coast.

and yes i have SA/SP and all the other stuff that surrounds it :oops:

talk soon i hope

missninja :)

matilda

hi there everyone

I am brand new to this forum but unfortunetly not new to social phobia. I have been battling this for most of my life but have now decided to be a bit more active about doing something about it.

I have discovered there is a support group in Ann st twice a month so I will probably head in on monday nite and see what it is like.

I was also wondering if there was anyone near me who would like to pair up and tackle scary things like having a coffee in public or something. I think we could help each other.

I am female,42, live in Sandgate Brisbane. I was going to say that I prefer someone of my own sex and age group but it really doesnt matter. I think a sense of humour is kind of a must tho. I'm not sure how to turn a panic attack into a laughing fit but it would be fun to try with a friend who was going through the same thing.

anyone likely out there please email me [email protected]

frightened

Hi guys,

I'm so happy i found a site like this that has a region forums for social anxiety disorder. I recently registered at another forum called http://www.socialanxietysupport.com/ has anyone else been there? anyway, I'm really new so I'll have to take a look around these forums to learn more.

I'm 19 years old and I've got severe SAD. I didn't speak much in school at all and everyone knew that. I'm in uni now and I'm really scared of having to talk to anyone or do group work or oral presentations. I'll just freeze and my heart would beat rapidly. I go back in few days and it's not going to be good. one of my courses requires group work first up.

Well I live in Brisbane too and I would like to get in contact with other people who lives around here. Maybe we could start slowly like by email then phone and then meet in really life.

Nice talking to you all.
Frightened

Ps - i seriously didn't think there was anyone else with SAD living in Brisbane at all. I thought I was the only one. maybe it's because their's aren't as severe as mine or they're all just hiding.

Atari

Hi frightened, there are a few of us with SA from brisbane. I know from personal experience it's hard going to Uni and having SA, highschool was hard for me too.

Do you have msn? we can chat on there if you want, you can add me [email protected]

Sempfy

Cassie said:
I'm from Howard :oops: ever heard of it?

I grew up 20 minutes from Howard, I'm from Maryborough originally. :p Yeah, not much there is there.. Maryborough isn't that much better, hehe. :x

I'm in Brissy now, southside specifically. I do enjoy living down here, but I also miss the peacefulness of Maryborough and going for drives through the countryside up that way. Oh well, heading back for Easter to see the family, so should be good. :D

Tetchyboi

Hey im from brissbane Redcliffe were bots r u? i suffer socialphobia and agrophobia realy want to meet othas with this life changing condition.

frightened

Atari said:
Hi frightened, there are a few of us with SA from brisbane. I know from personal experience it's hard going to Uni and having SA, highschool was hard for me too.

Do you have msn? we can chat on there if you want, you can add me [email protected]

sorry Atari, I don't have msn. I only email. Are you from Brisbane too?

hi....im not from brisbane im a few hours north...
im totally into the idea of meeting someone else with SA though.
well it would be cool to like, get to know someone and see how things go anyway. i mean i dont go to brissy all that often but im thinking about moving there at the start of next year.
anyway...add me to msn if your interested in chatting or whatever.
[email protected]
x