Anyone feel they express themselves better without words?

Talking is hard.
Anyone find it hard expressing themselves in language, and that you're better suited expressing yourself in a song, painting, or other art?
I do.
Post what you feel.

7viridian

I like composing songs..whenever I feel overwhelmed, I compose songs, and i magically feel better. Dunno why, but it sure beats telling other people about my problems just to be labeled a 'crybaby' or 'attention whore' ;)

Kinetik

In general I feel I'm pretty good at expressing myself, the occasional awkward moment aside. I do like the arts, but being the flaky and eternally tipsy dilettante that I am, I doubt anything will come of it.

I think life would be far easier for me if I could rely on non-verbal communication the majority of times. In my experience, I've noticed that it leads to a far deeper sense of (non-romantic/sexual) intimacy with friends. This because you develop ways to notice and feel what the other person feels, rather then having to rely on what you've been told by that person.

I express myself far better through touch and actions, then through words.

Last edited:

Illusions

Everything sounds fine in my head but once I open my mouth, my thoughts come out in the form of a garbled mess of words, especially when I'm put on the spot. Sigh.

MrJones

Everything sounds fine in my head but once I open my mouth, my thoughts come out in the form of a garbled mess of words, especially when I'm put on the spot. Sigh.
idem
Everytime I get nervous in a social situacion (i.e. every social situation lol), even if I can think properly, my mouth just spits out a couple of words, which makes people think I'm retarded or something

Kiwong

I am more comfortable with the written word. Short stories, my blog, poems. I like to observe the world around me then put it into words. Also I think I express myself in taking photos of wildflowers and landscapes and sports photos. I kind of lose myself in those activities and become like the child I was.