Anyone else struggling with studies

ikbenrifi

anyone can relate to this?

i study physics at the university, but it seems that i can't focus enough to

get good results, i focus more on my SA and related stuff but never at

studies !

Snowdrop

Yeah I can totally relate to this. I'm studying Art + design but it's like I never have enough time for it, I'm too busy having whirlwind thoughts about anxiety or whatever. Nor do I really have the motivation to start work even though I know I should...

LazyHermitCrab

Yes sometimes when i'm reading i'll randomly think about the drive over to class and hoping we don't get assigned a presentation and all that. Also if i wrote someone a message i obbessively check if they ignored it or not which is a waste -.- and so on..

Blaze

I'm struggling with the fact I've been out of high school for over 3 years now and still haven't gotten my ass to college. I don't want to work some crap job for the rest of my life but my severe lack of motivation is going to doom me to that existence.

Sinar_Matahari

ikbenrifi, we just added a studies help thread in the Support forum. Perhaps you might be able to ask questions pertaining to your physics studies or ask someone to tutor you. I've said before that there are plenty of smart people here who would be happy to help out a fellow social phobe in need. Perhaps getting together with someone here might help you focus on your studies?

ikbenrifi

ikbenrifi, we just added a studies help thread in the Support forum. Perhaps you might be able to ask questions pertaining to your physics studies or ask someone to tutor you. I've said before that there are plenty of smart people here who would be happy to help out a fellow social phobe in need. Perhaps getting together with someone here might help you focus on your studies?[/QUOTE

Yeah sure! it's gonna be helpful on both side, studies and SA, i'm willing to

participate sooner

U

userremoved

You just read my mind. I should be doing homework right now, not obsessively checking the thread. I think I need to be banned again lol. ::(:

Miami

Im struggling big time. its very hard for me to even start to study. then when I do get into the groove, when I get stuck on anything that I cant figure out how to solve, i just give up again.

EscapeArtist

Yes it's very hard for me to focus on my studies. Partly because, I can't do anything I tell myself I should be doing. I will immediately do the opposite, thinking I'm gaining some kind of freedom.... For me it's a matter of keeping in mind why i'm in school, and how it is for me and not anybody else.
More often it is a lack of motivation or care. I am very bad with focusing on long-term happiness vs short term happiness.
Lastly, I have so much self-doubt that I do not trust that a thing I put on paper can be "correct". I just don't understand how my train of thought can possibly even relate anymore, to the rest of the class. This self doubt and need to be seen as 'great' just stops me in my tracks. I end up procrastinating until the assignments are past due, and then never do them, even though I actually really enjoy some types of schoolwork... like essays.. IF I can get started for once.

For some reason... If somebody were to say something like "Go carry 100 boulders over to that signpost* rather than *go write an essay*, I would LOVE to do the first one because It's so hands on and direct, I would be able to get started immediately.... does not require much mental effort. But, studies... different game plan. I struggle

ikbenrifi

Yes it's very hard for me to focus on my studies. Partly because, I can't do anything I tell myself I should be doing. I will immediately do the opposite,

i can relate to this opposite issue, i do it as well, sometimes i think some external forces drives me to do the opposite, it's like i'm working against my own benifit and i have no control on myself, so weird !