Anyone else have this problem?

I shift between being suicidal and wanting to live several times a day. Something bad will happen and I will want to kill myself, them something good will happen and I will start wanting to live again. This happens maybe 6-7 times during the day.

Felgen

Happened to me all the time last year. The trick is to stay confident and optimistic when something good happens.

DespairSoul

Hello 9470

i have those very mixed thoughts many times per day,if happend something optimistic im happy and cheerful some time,but neccesary isnt lasting long and i feel like im seating on roaler coaster in some park and go up and down up and down.

emerald_star733

many times.. yes.. however, whenever i am down i always tell myself this too shall pass and it always does and then i am feeling good again and think i am glad i didn't do anything stupid.. besides i am afraid of dying so i would never go through with it anyway..i think that is why i am afraid of age and stay young at heart as long as i can cause with age comes the potential to be closer to death and i really don't want to die.. i just don't always know how to live...
all i know is out of my friends and family members who have committed suicide, it is so final. They will never know what their life could have been....
maybe we do not have to know all the answers to life.... maybe living in the mystery of life is the true adventure.. what i do know is that i want to be around to find out..

Kristina223

I shift between being suicidal and wanting to live several times a day. Something bad will happen and I will want to kill myself, them something good will happen and I will start wanting to live again. This happens maybe 6-7 times during the day.

Same thing here. It doesn't have to be a "big" thing to make or ruin my day. For example, if I say hello to the clerk and she doesn't say hello back ... that makes me depressed, all the bad thoughts come up, I just want to go home and die there. And then I go to another store and I say hello to another clerk (if I do, I normally don't after one "rejection", though)... and she smiles and says hello back. And that makes me feel very happy and confident. I just go from one mood to another very suddenly, just like you ... about 6 times per day.

Same thing here. It doesn't have to be a "big" thing to make or ruin my day. For example, if I say hello to the clerk and she doesn't say hello back ... that makes me depressed, all the bad thoughts come up, I just want to go home and die there. And then I go to another store and I say hello to another clerk (if I do, I normally don't after one "rejection", though)... and she smiles and says hello back. And that makes me feel very happy and confident. I just go from one mood to another very suddenly, just like you ... about 6 times per day.

Yep, I've noticed that it's just small things like that, too. It still happens even when I'm on medication. (not to the same extent, though)

Yes, I have frequently experienced that on a daily basis when I am not on antidepressants.
If they did not "dull" those intense suicidal thoughts, I would be dead by now!

halen

every day i go through the same problems as you when life is down i try to just walk way and step out of reality and take a break but little things take big steps in life. like when some one does something little that they think has no consequence it can make or break my day. like today my /// called me a failure and i felt like ripping out my heart but then i thought of the people who would suffer because of it and i write out those feelings and burn them away as if to erase that moment. find something that helps you erase the darkness from yourself...

Dr. Doom

the same with me, yesterday i almost put an ak to my head. then today i watched trainspotting and wanted to look just like ewan mcgreggor so it gave me a goal. happens constantly to me.

DafT

I love reading these forums and realizing that there are others who have the same problem. I feel selfish saying that but ya, I really have do have this problem, and it's nice to know I'm not the only one. Just gotta push through it I guess... :( The pushing just seems too difficult sometimes though, most especially when it has to do with other people. I'm in such a situation right now :( Sigh.

unleashed

yeah i have that too i use a sort of REBT technique, REBT is (rational emotive behaviour therapy Rational emotive behavior therapy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia ) basically i try and force my inner voice to rationalise how im feeling like ''youre just tired, hungry and cold and a few things have gone wrong but later you'll be warm in your pajamas watching south park and you'll feel better, its not your fault that things went wrong today, things go wrong for millions of people everyday, much worse than missing a few busses, etc etc etc'' it usually works to stop me doing anything rash while im in the downer.

A friend

I don't have this problem, but if you commit suicide, your family will forever be emotionally damaged beyond repair.

It's going to hurt everyone around you, please don't that...