Anyone else have no friends?

ripewithdecay

I've moved from city to city so much that i've robbed myself of whatever friendships I could ever have (nevermind the fact I have SA). Everytime I'm about to ditch a city for another, I make like 5 friends, but it's too late to stick around. It's complicated... but I really need to settle into one place, it's takes so long to find good friends with common interests, but once you do life is sooo much better. I'd kill for just one good friend to chill with on the weekends. Loneliness is a son of a bitch.

AGR

I only have one person whom I consider as a friend,he is from the Philippines,its funny he is like a social version of me,even his name its kind of similar to mine,but he lives far and I dont really go out with him.

bony666

I have no friends. But it doesn't bother me any more. I feel that I have this rather "atypical" existence and that no one would really understand it. So I go through life alone. Something I'm used to now.

I totally relate to this, it's me ! I have been exactly like this for the last few years, and I think it's still gonna carry on for a long long time

bony666

I dont have friends anymore

I use to but I dont anymore...those people were more like people that I knew and hung out with. I realized we werent really friends...and it hurt too much to keep pretending we were friends.

yes, exactly: it's always shallow, w//O anything shared between us. The only two 'friends' that I still keep aren't actually true friends;; but acquantancies: people I can talk with sometimes, but that's still very limited to random topics & general discussions rather than true & deep understanding of each other

SpLynx

I forgot if I wrote to this thread or not - I have no friends. ::(:

in fact there is one but in another country and we talk only in internet... it is not the same. I would want to have someone to go out with...

CPA23

Yeah, I'm in the same boat. It is just so difficult for me to allow someone to get close to me. I fear that I would somehow end up being hurt. I really have never had a "best friend" my whole life (I'm 25). Ever since I was a teenager, I had this huge wall around me and no one has ever been able to get past it. I am now beginning to slowly let these walls slowly fall down, but I still have not been able to have a close relationship with anyone outside my family.

I could attribute my isolation to different things in my life. It's just so difficult to get past certain bad events that happened in my past. This has led me to be very insecure and apprehensive about what could happen. As a result, I shy away from a lot of things and have not been able to get over this hump. It just makes me so sad because it sometimes feels that there is no way out. I know that things are not going to change on its own and I must be proactive if I want to get over this. Facing my fears has and still is one of the most difficult challenges in my life.

fauve

I haven't had a friend since I was a child. I'm used to it at this point, and honestly the idea of seeking out, establishing, and then maintaining a friendship seems exhausting. I don't know how people do it.

JamieD

It's amazing.. i have 115 friends on Facebook (that's after having a friends list clean-up from 168) and i don't actually see ANY OF THEM in real life very often at all :(

static

when i was younger i used to have so many, what happened to all of them? ::(: i have a few acquaintances and people i'm friendly with, like "surface" friends, you know? we don't hang out & just talk a little bit at school or online. i don't have anyone i can confide in or anything, unlike everyone else i know. so i guess the answer is no. i don't have any "true friends".

Miami

I used to have a lot of friends, but because of my SA... i lost touch with all of them. I can't blame them though i never took them up on offers to go out so they just stopped asking and we eventually drifted apart. Now i have no one in real life, and it gets so lonely at times!
this is what happened to me, well one of the things that happened to me which led to me being friendless. The other thing that happened is that little by little I stopped being the social person that I was, and when I noticed that people noticed that I was less social I would get more anxious/less social then I would get invited less and less. etc.............

Last edited:

Honey17

I am 17 and I have no friends. I don't think there is anything wrong with me, people seem to like me, but I am too shy to get to know people. I feel lonely and wish I could meet some people and have fun.

tooshytosay

Having no friends seem to be a self-perpetuating cycle. People see you with no friends, by yourself, and what do they do? Yeah, they just leave you alone. They probably don't want to be seen by their friends as being with that "weird quiet guy". (Peer pressure really)

Whereas I know that if you already have friends, then other people find it much easier approaching you. Also they may be the friend of your friend. (How social networking sites like Facebook works really, you just make new friends with friends of your existing friends)

Friendship begets friendship; lack of friendship begets lack of friendship.

Funny world we live in :S, I hate this and other self-perpetuating cycles in life.