Anyone else a big fan of YES?

yesman

When I was feeling upset over my friend's depression, and my lack of helpfulness in the past, Roundabout was the only thing that kept me going through the day. It's such a happy song, so optimistic, unlike the songs I listen to by Rush. (Rush is also an amazing band, no doubt, but some of their songs can be a bit...depressing.)

Ever since those times, I was hooked. I listened to Heart of the Sunrise next, and eventually Owner of a Lonely Heart. Soon I listened to all of Fragile, and was starting to become attracted to Relayer, and Going for the One.

Now, I'm falling in love with The Ladder, and Magnification, although I am still obsessed with their older works too.

Anyone else have a story to share?

I'm a fan of the early YES, not so much the later YES (although there are a few songs i quite like). Nice, bassy, "sunny" music. Used to play this Live tape i had of them .. could "lose" myself in the organ solo's...

MollyBeGood

I saw them once, playing "in the round" back in the 90's. Very cool show. Most of my guy friends in HS were really into them. I really like the song "Starship Trooper" I have blown my ear drums out on that one literally...lost some hearing from it being too loud haha about at 5:40 into it....

Oh this is cool from 79'
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sox3bE1c37A

I saw them on the "Union" tour, which was really great, they sounded incredible actually. I was happy to be there for sure :)

I love early Yes for sure.

Last edited:

HHDisturbed

I loved YES! Their older stuff was great. Got into them more around 83' in my early high school years when 90125 came out. That was the age of the "Walkman" kids! (The what? LOL) But roundabout is my absolute fav of theirs. I am also a big fan of other older bands like Rush, Pink Floyd, ELO, BTO, Boston & Kansas. Albums like Kansas's "Leftoverture" blew me away in my early teens.

I am a rock drummer (on the side for fun) and a total music junkie. It is my fountain of youth! I have a killer 9 piece, Black, Tama "Rock Star" Drum Kit on a Gibralter Rack System w/double bass pedal & Paiste Cymbals. I call my Kit "The Therapist". LOL

Talk about a stress reliever!

Last edited: