anybody interested in Mukbang?

Dear all,

Lately I've seen YouTube videos about eating in front of the camera. It's called 'Mukbang', 먹방, an online audiovisual broadcast in which a host eats large quantities of food while interacting with their audience. These YouTubers talk about food or about something that is totally not related to the food. So they talk about what they've done that day or whatever. Some ppl find this boring, but I personally think it's pretty cool and easy. You don't have to be very active, funny, extravert or social, because you eat during a video. A friend told me that I have to start making ASMR videos. He thinks it suits me. I like cooking and eating food though. I'm a real food lover. Also I do like singing. I've always wanted to be a YouTuber, but I'm kinda shy.

Is there anybody who is into Mukbang as well?

Yours Sincerely,

Sinopia

Hello Sinopia, the secret to making successful youtube videos is to not give a toss about what the audience might think, because it would prevent you from acting naturally, just do the deed!

I have embarrassed myself countless times in front of the camera, like speaking russian in a very poor manner, completely disregarding the grammatical aspects, if Tolstoj saw my video he would slaughter me.

Thank you for the new word you taught me.

Oh and if you do start it -> Bon appétit !

Last edited:

Miserum

I've seen a couple of videos, when I was hungry and on a youtube food vid binge lol. It's an interesting concept.