Any of you bullied as an adult even after the age of 20?

sevenroses

Any of you bullied as an adult even after the age of 20? I'm just curious because I assume that most people who's been bullied were mostly bullied in their adolescent or teen years.

ありがとう

Nope, but I'm sure bullying happens even after 20, but not as common. Some well known ones I can think are bullying from co-workers, bullying from parents etc.

sanitariumcalls

Yeah, some of the punks that like to start **** with anyone they can, on the bus and at the transit center.

I get a lot of snobby skinny b*tches on campus making fun of me. Excuse me if I don't look half starved and wear clothes that accentuate my BONES!

But I've learned to turn the other cheek. Yeah, sometimes I get real livid and want to punch them in the face, but I'd get arrested for assault and probably kicked out of college, so I'm better than they are by simply walking away.

DanFC

Yeah, some of the punks that like to start **** with anyone they can, on the bus and at the transit center.

I get a lot of snobby skinny b*tches on campus making fun of me. Excuse me if I don't look half starved and wear clothes that accentuate my BONES!

But I've learned to turn the other cheek. Yeah, sometimes I get real livid and want to punch them in the face, but I'd get arrested for assault and probably kicked out of college, so I'm better than they are by simply walking away.

If you are big, you don't even have to punch 'em. I'm a small guy, but it's pretty obvious from my demeanor that I don't take **** from anybody and that I probably carry an illegal something or other to take on people twice my size. Of course, I don't have many friends XD

DanFC

I'm skinny but I am naturally like that. I can't gain weight but I can't help that. I personally don't believe anybody is better than anybody. Everybody is created equally, but there are things people do better as a person than other people. Standards, morals and qualities for example. That's good that you walk away because they are immature for being in college.

There's a difference between being mature and being a doormat :-/

sanitariumcalls

I'm skinny but I am naturally like that. I can't gain weight but I can't help that. I personally don't believe anybody is better than anybody. Everybody is created equally, but there are things people do better as a person than other people. Standards, morals and qualities for example. That's good that you walk away because they are immature for being in college.

Oh I don't have anything against thinner people than I am... but the community college I'm currently at (and currently trying to transfer out of) is more like High School... So yeah...

sanitariumcalls

If you are big, you don't even have to punch 'em. I'm a small guy, but it's pretty obvious from my demeanor that I don't take **** from anybody and that I probably carry an illegal something or other to take on people twice my size. Of course, I don't have many friends XD

Years in Seattle taught to me never leave in the house without some sort of weapon... I have my knife on me at all times ^_^

But my point was that I wanted to f*ck up their snotty little faces lol

DanFC

Years in Seattle taught to me never leave in the house without some sort of weapon... I have my knife on me at all times ^_^

But my point was that I wanted to f*ck up their snotty little faces lol

Awesome :D What kind of knife? I always have a balisong on me; it also serves as a nice show lol

petrified eyes

I always carry a knife too. (A Gerber folder, I forget the model.) I also carry a multi-tool (Gerber "Ripstop"), a Mini-Maglite, and a paracord bracelet, just in case. ;)

moni10

I've just ordered a paralyzing spray but I'm not sure if it's an efficient 'weapon'.Maybe I won't have to use it but it's a mental support.

Scapegoating is the worse kind of bullying. And to answer your question, yes bullying and scapegoating go on well beyond teens years for alot of people.

Ignace

I don't carry any weapons, never. I should, it makes you feel comfortable and safe. :) But if you get caught with something like that in my school, I'm dead meat. :(

moni10

I don't carry any weapons, never. I should, it makes you feel comfortable and safe. :) But if you get caught with something like that in my school, I'm dead meat. :(

If your carefull with your bag I don't see how you could be caught.I guess the rules are the same in my school as in yours.But if carrying a weapon makes you feel comfortable and more confident, and as long as you take your responsibility that you'll use it only if you're in real danger, well, I don't see the reason for which a weapon should be strictly forbidden in school or in any public area.

sanitariumcalls

Awesome :D What kind of knife? I always have a balisong on me; it also serves as a nice show lol

I'm not sure, I know its sharp as hell, black blade, half serrated, folds out cleanly with a push lever to re-fold. 4 inch blade says War Tech on it. I dunno, it was a gift. But its been my trusty insurance for 4 years ^_^

sanitariumcalls

I also own a .22 we keep in the house, and my partner has his conceal carry permit, owns a .40 and a .45

I have yet to get around to getting mine, but I have my eyes and heart set on a Ruger .38

^_^

D

deleted user 1

Bullying takes many forms. Not always through physical violence, in a job, it often takes the form of someone in a higher position of authority oppressing a lower rank co-worker. At home it can financial power over a relative, due to the current economic problems, a lot of people I know, myself included, cannot afford to move out, so it's very easy for a parent to use their superior financial circumstances to oppress their child. There are many more forms that bullying can take. Age is irrelevant, physical strength is irrelevant.

Smurfette

I almost quit my job because of someone I felt was a bully towards me but transferred to another department and I was 29! There will ALWAYS be bullies. It doesn't end on graduation day...unfortunately.

ShyChild

I'm 25 & yes I still get bullied, but I'm starting to stick up for myself. I use to just hold it all in. I still suck it up most of the time, but sometimes I SNAP.

Recently I had a pilates lesson at this new studio. I went to my appointment, waited for a half hour, and the woman still didn't show up. I'm proud to share that I called her & was assertive on the phone. She tried BSing me about why she didn't show up & didn't bother even give me the courtesy of a phone call. I also emailed a complaint to her boss about the incident. :D

Not a huge deal, but it's a step. Just so sick & tired of being walked all over. I feel like people perceive me as an easy target & I want to change that.

I was bullied in my previous Job because I was going through some personal issues, so these weak bullies thought it would be a peachy idea for them to have a go at me. I lost my previous job because I basically threatened the main culprit.

Yes you always get weak and insecure people in jobs, those that are the loudest and chat the most retarded crap are scared, weak little people but if you push them in the right direction they shut up, or you lose your job.