Any Latin American people over here?

Steppen-Wolf

I'm Latina. I'm half Dominican and half Colombian.
I can't identify myself with Latinos at all which is horribly weird because I was raised in the Dominican Republic more than half my life (I was born here in NYC though).
The reason: I hate being stereotypical but it seems Latinos and specially Dominicans only care about paying their bills, eating, working, ****ing and partying. I have no Spanish friends who like to do things like visit a museum, go to an amusement park etc. They all sit and watch novelas while I'm home all alone watching re-runs of Doctor Who. Then the next day they speak about all the **** that happened on their stupid shows and I'm just like: *poker face*.
It sucks! I also find them dumb as hell. They never know nothing about nothing. It's like they been brain washed. I seriously rather be alone now days. I never liked them anyways. I was always treated like the last option to go out with to do what they call 'fun' things back in DR. I have really started to hate my own race for I can't seem to find anything in common to talk about. I'm also a unicorn or something for being Latina and being a virgin at age 20. I been a virgin by choice because I don't like Latino guys and White dudes don't approach me because I'm intimidating. I will forever be alone D:
I'm dragging now... going off topic but all I say are honest feelings of mines. I'm sorry if I offended anyone. I still love the smart, culturally diverse Latinos. And I would surely date one if only they showed interest in anything that wasn't clubbing, drinking, ****ing and watching bull**** TV. Siento mucho haber sido una total zorra pero es la purita verdad y ya no me da un pedo decirlo.

Sadly, I have to agree 100% with this.

Latino culture is just so anti intellectual and so... I'm not really sure how to describe it, mundane?, simpleton?, I'm really sorry if I offend any fellow latin americans, it might not be the same in every country, but it's certainly that way here.

It really kills me being latino, just because I have nothing at all in common with 99.9% of other latinos, we tend to have very monolithic societies where the vast majority of people look the same, do the same, like the same, think the same and so on.

I've met some smart and intelligent people in my country, but to be honest, in 21 years I've yet to meet anyone that I would consider even vaguely intellectual. They might do well at school, but they still prefer to go out on a party, get drunk and listen to that "music" before anything else.

chepei

I'm half Latin, and I'm not fluent in Spanish unfortunately. My parents only speak (broken) English to me. They never taught their language or culture, but I can't put the blame on them. It's now my responsibility as an adult to learn their languages. I keep staring at the Spanish textbooks in my room..but I never touch them..heheh. Back in the day I did have a few Latin-American friends, but I was never fully accepted by the main Latin crowd in high school because I wasn't "Latin enough" in appearance or attitude.