Any advice on how to deal with a wedding?

SM1010

I have to go to an old friend's wedding in a couple weeks. This will be my first wedding, and all the social aspects of weddings just terrify me.

I'll know one or two other mutual friends there but not many. I don't know how I'm going to socialize with a wedding full of people I don't know for an extended period of time.

I really don't wanna be that weird quiet guy that doesn't interact with much of anyone the whole time. I want to avoid it really bad, but I just can't. I haven't seen him much the past year or two but I've kept in touch with him and we have conversation on facebook a good bit. He's been far too good of a friend in my life and I'd feel terrible if I didn't show up.

Anyone have any tips for how they deal with weddings?

MikeyC

Alcohol.

But don't do that. Not a good idea.
A little bit will be okay.

I attended my first wedding this year, too. Basically just keep eating and drinking. Or that's what I would do. ::p:

Good luck!

dottie

go, have a drink, make small talk at the table. if you feel uncomfortable, you're not glued to the seat. get up and have a breather, walk around. you don't have to be that social... most people there will be in your position, too. no big deal! and there will be a handful of extroverts around who will be glad to be heard.