anxiety about being at home alone...

Hello, I am finding it extremely difficult to relax when I am home alone, even during the day. I live with my partner so when he comes back from work I am ok but I am a student so I go to uni and study, I find myself jumping at noises and making sure the door is locked and I often feel like theres someone in the flat with me. I know its juat my imagination as the door isbalways locked nd we are not on the ground floor...if I am watching tv my mind tells me to look in every single room to make sure, storage spaces and wardrobes...I am unsure if this is a form of OCD. I have read up and it just says paranoia but I am not paranoid cause surely is have these thoughts even when my partner comes back. I try to ingnore thoughts like that and try to do like uni work and try to calm myself down. Heres an example today my bdoorbell went off at the same time my phone went off and I just had this crazy thoight someone might want to break in so I put the latch on the door and peeped through the hole and it was just the postman but I froze until he gone then I just didn't move as I didnt want to make a noise. I know it was an irritational. I was wondering what asvice I could get

MikeyC

What I wouldn't give for lots of alone time at home....

But in your case, you know that your thoughts are irrational. Nobody is breaking in. Maybe you can bring it up with your partner and the two of you can work out a solution so that you're not panicking every time he's away.

sahxox

I used to be like this, but I've spent so many hours at home alone over the last 5 years lol various days off school/work and nothing scary has ever happened... so I guess experience killed it. Hang in there

Scandic123

I'm always anxious about being home alone as well, as well as about waiting in a car outside a mall or tank station.

andsorry

I use to feel the same way. You can play some calming or dance music to help you get comfortable to being home alone.