Anti-Depressants and Marijuana

Status
Not open for further replies.

NickyNacker

Has anyone else smoked weed while on an SSRI and had a really bad experience?
I was put on Paxil and it was already making me feel worse. But when I smoke it's about 100x worse, gave me intense suicidal thoughts (I'm not going to do it) and almost gave me a panic attack.

So anyway I googled it and found this article about mixing the 2:
USATODAY.com - Marijuana and antidepressants don't mix

Really interesting. And really sucks.

-stops smoking-

Apotheosis

I smoke often and have never noticed a difference on or off meds (I've taken Prozac and Zoloft, as well as non-SSRI's like Welbutrin and Seroquel).

I don't think Mike Tyson is the most stable subject to use for a psychiatric analysis.

Edit: Both antidepressants and marijuana affect the brain so it's certainly possible that there could be interactions. It's also possible I'm just a stubborn pothead.

Last edited:

doubleM

the weed probably just amplified the mental side affects of the drug. there are a hundred reasons not to take paxil. its probably more harmful to you than weed itself.
im not condoning the use of weed in anyway. but anti-depressants are bad for you.

Last edited:

coyote

no to mention, it's illegal in many places

and therefore, promotion of it's use is against forum rules

moksha

A person who is suffering from depression should never opt for marijuana.
The aftermath of marijuana depends upon person's behaviour ,for eg-a funny person might end-up laughing or giggling his guts out , a disciplined person might end-up mute and for the person with depression atmost he can develop sucidal tendencies or commit it minimum cry his a**-off.

SO IN SHORT DONT GAMBLE YOUR LIFE MARIJUANA it is not good for a person with depression both in Lethal & non-Lethal way..............

Status
Not open for further replies.