Another New Poem: Ugly

Starry

Wrote this today as I'm having one of my "I'm hideous and my image should never be inflicted upon anyone" days. It's not very good, unfortunately, and doesn't have an even rhythm, though I suppose that fits with the disjointed way my briain works:

Ugly

“Don’t look at me
Leave me alone.”
Hideous and ugly
She shies away.
Hides herself for another day.
Safe from the
Cruel eyes that stare;
That dare
To cast judgement
Upon poor, wretched
Vile, creatures of disgust.

The sound of shattering glass
When her reflection should pass
Rings in her ears.
Living fears
Call to her
Torment her.
The demon, Vanity
Whispers her name.
Takes aim:
Shoots her in the back
As she walks away.

I'm not sure why I brought in vanity. :? It just sounded right as I wrote it. :?

FlirtyandDirty

Every so often we get members who are kind enough to share their talents with us. There have been some terrific poets on here and in Starry we have another one.

Again Starry, I loved it. I too believe I am ugly and have been tormented because of this. Not by others, but by myself. You have a great way of expressing yourself. Please, keep them coming. :D

mienaino

Starry said:
The sound of shattering glass
I like it. This is the best line, I think.
"Shattering glass" has a nice ring. It associates well with self-loathing, nihilistic imagery.

slowmotiondaydream

ahh i hate my appearance very much

yet another awesome piece of work Starry. you shall come and work for me if i ever have a poet agency.

joshueg

Starry, you are an artist!!
You have the skill to make people feel what they are reading.
Great poem, as usual!! :wink:

HereToHelp

AMAZING! i get very "off" days as well and i HATE myself! mabe any1 on this forum wants to chat about their same problem with me on msn? PM me and ill send it u if u really want :D