Another "is this OCD" Thread

IamThisOne

I know everyone is probably sick of these so I apologize.

So the other day I was reading in my psychology textbook about OCD and it was mostly about checking things such as appliances and locked doors. As I read I was like: :eek:I DO THAT!!

I'm just going to describe some instances and sorry if it gets long.

When I leave work every night (I work night shift at a convenience store and I close), I will lock the front door and ice cooler outside. Then when I leave through the back door I will go to the front to "make sure" I locked the front door even though I know I did. I actually just got back from checking a third time, but I live next door so it wasn't too bad. This has become almost a routine for me, but the worst time was when I had driven about 5 miles down the road and turned around to go check the door.

When I use an electrical appliance just before leaving the house I worry that I might have forgotten to turn it off. I worry all day long about it because I tend to think that it will burn the house down. All I can see is the flames. Even if I believe I didn't turn my T.V. off, I think some sort of freak electrical anomaly will cause an electrical fire.

When I drive I constantly worry that the vehicle will break down or that the tires will go flat. I will hear a "thud" noise and I automatically assume it is the engine about to go out or the tires deflating. I will sometimes stop and check them. This makes going to school a nightmare because I have to drive 40 to school and 40 back. This makes going anywhere a nightmare because I'm constantly thinking, "I hope I make it home". I have bad luck with vehicles and I cannot stand a breakdown because that means I have to call my dad and all that crap. :mad:

Also I don't like my hands to be dirty. I'm not afraid of germs. I just like to have clean hands that smell like soap. I wash my hands about ten times a day, but I don't hardly get them dirty. If I have to do mechanical work or something, I don't mind as long as I can clean them afterward and don't have to touch any food or clean items. I hate it when my hand touches another person's hand. When I touch another person's hand I automatically wipe the "infected area" on my shirt. All this is probably normal though, huh? ::eek::

When I make a person I know mad or upset I will apologize SEVERAL times. I will feel bad about upsetting them for a long time, usually a few days. They will tell me that it is okay, but I refuse to believe them because I know that I have hurt them.

So do you think this is OCD or normal worry?

exquisite

it sounds like ocd & gad.

i definitely do the apologizing btw, but only on rare occassions. i'll feel guilty for hours, days even. & it wont even be anything worth apologizing for, it'll be like i couldnt make to somewhere, or wtvr.

exquisite

its not even that people get angry, they just get annoyed cuz im just doing it on purpose, just to piss them off....as if i have nothing better to do.