Annoying Fathers

MotherWolff

Banned
Okay. I know I am not one who normally post things of a complaining nature, but yesterday did not go so well.

So yesterday, my dad and I were supposed to go to the healthfood store(The Granary) together, so he can get hemp protein and I could pick up tumeric and kelp herbs due to high PTH and deep vein thrombosis/blod clots(from lupus and kidney failure:sad:).

But as soon as we start talking, we just argue. I should have known better to just shut up so I could get my herbs.

For some reason I tried to tell him something he wanted me to keep quite about, like my mom would do when I used to live with her as a teenager and younger adult.

This something had to do with kids(yes, I said kids) picking on me for absolutely no apparent reason, perhaps because they wanted attention and I basically pretended they just didn't exist.

Maybe they think I carry myself in a very stuck-up manner(dignified, maybe, but not stuck_up).

But my dad made it look like it was my fault by asking very stupid questions like, "What did YOU do to them?" or "What side of the street did YOU walk on?" I mean, he never actually said, "This is YOUR fault," yet he implied it,

Then I said, "The next time they mess with me, I will file a report or restraining order against them."

For some stupid *** reason, his response to that was, "So YOU can go to jail!?"

Then I'm like,"WHY WOULD I GO TO JAIL FOR FILING A REPORT AGAINST PEOPLE I DID NOTHING TO WHO WERE HARASSING ME!!?"

So all of a sudden he talks about my breath, calling it "medicine breath."

He has been doing this alot recently, every time I bring up a subject he really doesn't want to hear. My mom did the same thing, yet he always proclaims very haughtily and pridefully that he is NOTHING like my mama.

So I am mad of course, at this point, and I move the mirror thingy in the front passenger seat of his '93 Suburban to shade my eyes from the sun and he goes, "Don't break it!"

As a response to his "medicine breath" comment, I said, "This car is old and busted up, like YOU!"

He got so ****in mad he floored the breaks to the point where I almost could have flew out the front window shield(he would have a hard *** time explaining that to the cops and paramedics, wouldn't he?:sarcastic::sarcastic::sarcastic:).

He told me to get out and walk home.

Luckily, it wasn't a long walk. He did this before in the city. But that is a whole other story.

So I got so angry that I spent much of my 50 dollar SSI monthly income on some nutritionally poor Dominos Pizza...

Pretty much ate all of it. But I was even sadder than before I ate it, so I went to bed around 4:30pm and now I can't seem to fall back asleep. At least there is a somewhat funny movie on tv right now...

Anyways, I had to order my tumeric and kelp online.

I don't know why my dad(and even my mom sometimes) blames me for all the harm that comes to me even if its out of my control. Like, dad says its my fault I was molested by my white step bro when I was only 8. Dad says, I should have ran away. But my step bro was 12. I didn't even realize what was happening. Then he says its my fault that I was sexually harassed by three black boys in middle school because it would have never happened if I never went to Detroit to live with my mom. My mom used to say its my fault I get sick so much. I am tired of being blamed for my own pain and suffering. I think from now on, I won't talk to my dad unless I have to or spoken to. But when he tries to instigate an argument, I will just shut down and become very robotic. When I let emotions get in the way, I usually end up right in the hospital. I don't wanna do anything with my dad if its not necessary. It does make me sad but he makes me more angry than sad.

Anyone else have parents, siblings, other family members, or even friends that blame you for ANYTHING, especially for your own pain?

My dad says its my fault I even was sick. This is why I kept quiet and suffered in silence about the abuse I faced as a little girl from his first ex-wife and her family while he was away at sea. Lots of black women suffer from these things(especially rape) in silence because no one believes them and they most likely will be ridiculed for it. When I told one of my bros about those three black boys fondling me, he just told me to "shut up" as if the thought of someone touching me like that was just sickening because I am ugly or somethin. I dunno...

AtTheGates

Banned
maybe you shouldnt listen to your dad so much....maybe his advice isnt exactly top notch or he just doesnt fully understand your life..

Last edited:

MotherWolff

Banned
maybe you shouldnt listen to your dad so much....maybe his advice isnt exactly top notch or he just doesnt fully understand your life..

I think you're right. It just gets harder and harder to ignore him. I think he purposefully pushes my buttons. Does your parents do that to you too?

Queen_Regnant

Honestly, does your father bring positive vibes into your life? If not, it might be best to keep him at a distance.

Sometimes people are better off not involved with you, not because you don't want them to be but because your energies just aren't mixing in a way that brings out the best you.

MotherWolff

Banned
Honestly, does your father bring positive vibes into your life? If not, it might be best to keep him at a distance.

Sometimes people are better off not involved with you, not because you don't want them to be but because your energies just aren't mixing in a way that brings out the best you.

I completely agree with you. And no, my father does not bring positive vibes into my life. He just gives me a sense of company. I dread silence so much that I turn on the tv at a high volume, even though I hardly watch it.

Other than that he makes me feel worthless and unloved. I think that might be why I used to sext so many men that I would get them mixed up! LOL!

Its like I was looking for the love my father never really gave me.

How can I keep him at a distance when I live with him?:kickingmyself::idontknow::thinking:

Queen_Regnant

Oh my. :( Maybe make yourself new goals. One of them being to get out on your own. I know you have life struggles, but anything is possible with time and effort.

MotherWolff

Banned
Oh my. :( Maybe make yourself new goals. One of them being to get out on your own. I know you have life struggles, but anything is possible with time and effort.

Hi Queen,

I wish I knew where to start. I tried countless job searching and filled out more applications than I can count.

I tried to go back to school as a pharmacy tech but I cannot until I pay off the debt my sister has so unforgivably accrued onto my credit report!:thumbdown:

I feel like, against my wishes, I am heading down a dark dreary road of possible prostitution, drug dealing, pole stripping and finally incarceration.

Its so tragic because I am highly educated to the point where I think lots of black men would be terrified of me. Yet I have zero real life skills. I feel so useless. I can write very well and I have a huge, diverse vocabulary. But I feel like that hardly matters without the actual skills in a work place.....What if my daddy were to die today? I would be on the streets, maybe get ganged rape, become a prostitue, I fear these things. I don't want this!:crying: I don't want NO MAN TOUCHING ME!

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
Ah agree wi' whit Regnant said. Might be best gittin' out on yer ain. Nae point in keepin' yer da' in yer life merely for company if he's makin' ye feel unhappy aboot yersel'.

Queen_Regnant

Do you have any job agencies in your area? I can't think of the names of them here, but programs that can line you up with temp jobs to help get you on your feet. A lot of times these jobs can turn into full time if the company is in need and likes your work. I know a lot of people who use these.

There are a lot of charities and programs to help people in hard times. They aren't as well known as we like to think. If you refuse to go down that road you mentioned, then you won't.

MotherWolff

Banned
Ah agree wi' whit Regnant said. Might be best gittin' out on yer ain. Nae point in keepin' yer da' in yer life merely for company if he's makin' ye feel unhappy aboot yersel'.

That is WAY easier for you to say. Are you a black female? I don't think so. But thanks anyways.....

Do you have any job agencies in your area? I can't think of the names of them here, but programs that can line you up with temp jobs to help get you on your feet. A lot of times these jobs can turn into full time if the company is in need and likes your work. I know a lot of people who use these.

There are a lot of charities and programs to help people in hard times. They aren't as well known as we like to think. If you refuse to go down that road you mentioned, then you won't.

I tried that. There is no hope for me. I know nothing else to do but let my talents waste away like sands of an hourglass......

Queen_Regnant

I tried that. There is no hope for me. I know nothing else to do but let my talents waste away like sands of an hourglass......

Don't allow yourself to give up. Keep trying. Keep applying. You can only lose hope if you let it slip between your fingers. You are young, you have years and years left of your life. Even if you hit rock bottom at this moment, you have so much time to get yourself back up. You have so much time that you can make use of.

Think of what you have gotten done. You have lost a lot of weight and have disciplined yourself, which in my opinion is harder then anything. Apply that motivation into other aspects in your life.

You say you are an educated and talented? Show them that. You KNOW you are, so don't let someone miss out on it.

MotherWolff

Banned
Don't allow yourself to give up. Keep trying. Keep applying. You can only lose hope if you let it slip between your fingers. You are young, you have years and years left of your life. Even if you hit rock bottom at this moment, you have so much time to get yourself back up. You have so much time that you can make use of.

Think of what you have gotten done. You have lost a lot of weight and have disciplined yourself, which in my opinion is harder then anything. Apply that motivation into other aspects in your life.

You say you are an educated and talented? Show them that. You KNOW you are, so don't let someone miss out on it.

Hmmm. I guess you're right. In fact, tomorrow I will get up REALLY early and leave out for more job searching.

I just have to do it while kids are in school to avoid harassment from the male students.

Thanks for all your encouragement.

But just out of curiosity, are you a black woman too?:)

MotherWolff

Banned
I'm going to assume because I'm not black you no longer feel connected to me. I still wish you the best and hope you take my words to heart and find everything you need to take steps further in your life.

Well, I don't know about that......I think you're really cool. I just didn't get the "neon" part.