An island strictly for people with SP only..

jamie1088

How good would that be! :D

I have been thinking about this for a wee while, imagine there was an Island or resort that was strictly only for SP sufferers and we could all go for a holiday without fear of being judged or embarassed by our problems.

If I win the lottery i'm going to buy an Island and start this up...who's coming? :lol:

Infected_Malignity

that would be awesome at first, but it could get old.

also, if i was there, there would be tons of poking fun, riots, and total chaos... so you might not wanna invite me. or maybe you do. depends on what you're into!

Sacrament

This is the kind of thing that will push you further away from other people. Why do people with SA/SP think of themselves as 'different'? We're not different from everyone else, people. If we start realizing that we're no better nor no worse than others, it will be easier to cope and fit in.

miss_amy

It wouldn't help me, I'd still be scared of people social phobics or not. There's also the added worry that knowing everyone was 'delicate' and worried I might upset someone.

Cynic

jamie1088 said:
I have been thinking about this for a wee while, imagine there was an Island or resort that was strictly only for SP sufferers and we could all go for a holiday without fear of being judged or embarassed by our problems.
I would be up for that. Better still, a permanant community for SPs, avoidents etc. away from the yuppies, neds and in-your-face types.

chris420

miss_amy said:
It wouldn't help me, I'd still be scared of people social phobics or not. There's also the added worry that knowing everyone was 'delicate' and worried I might upset someone.

Ditto.

Sacrament said:
This is the kind of thing that will push you further away from other people. Why do people with SA/SP think of themselves as 'different'? We're not different from everyone else, people. If we start realizing that we're no better nor no worse than others, it will be easier to cope and fit in.

Ditto II

Argamemnon

miss_amy said:
:lol: