Am I having panic attacks?

AngelSong

There's this weird feeling that comes over me, most of the time for absolutely no reason. It kind of feels like I’m floating under water, I get dizzy. I have to stop what I'm doing, and run somewhere to be alone, away from any noise, and get somewhere "safe" where nothing can get me from behind, although, I have absolutely no reason to think something will... Then I “Get into position” which is closeing my eyes, and putting my fingers on my temples, and just focusing on my breathing until it’s over.

Sometimes it comes over me when I'm in the middle of talking to someone, and suddenly I freeze, and “get into position” They ask what's wrong, and I have to tell them to “just shut up,” because anything they say just makes it worse. I know it's really rude, but that's all I can get out it’s really hard to talk when this happens.

I feel like something is going to get me. I don’t know what or why but I can just feel it. It’s ominous, and usually terrifying.

Anything can trigger it, it’s strange, how it starts. Basically, something is said; let’s say…cheerios, for example. The world suddenly slows down, and there’s something about the word cheerios (or whatever it happened to be, it can be anything) something deep and profound, something terrible and important…. I can’t really explain it… it’s like there’s something important in my past that has to do with cheerios… then I start freaking out on the inside. That’s when I feel dizzy, like floating underwater, and a bit nauseous.

Sorry my description is so long, It’s just that this has been happening to me for so long, and I have never had a clue what it could be. I heard about panic attacks, and it sounds like the closest thing to describe what happens… basically I want to describe it the best I can so someone can say “Oh yeah that’s exactly it!” or “No, but I have the same thing and it’s ‘…’”

Kthnkbye. :)

Hellhound

Super Moderator
I think i understand. It's happened the same to me, but triggered by other kind of thoughts. I've been told by my therapist that it's related to anxiety. I hope she's right.

I'm not sure whether it's a panic attack. But I think I've had something similar.. Does your vision blur a whitish color when it happens? :eek:

No, the thing is, I don't see or hear anything abnormal, It's just an intense feeling...

Oh, I see. :eek:

I've never been diagnosed with panic attacks because I've never told anyone about it, so I can't really compare your case to mine. But if I have to rely on the things I found on Google, that sensation you're feeling does sound allot like a panic attack.

But perhaps it's best if it comes from someone that has been diagnosed to have panic attacks. Did you see anyone about it? :3

panicgirl

I'm not really sure if this is a panic attack, but it does sound like anxiety. You should definitely go to the doctor about this to figure out what is going on.

WiwerGoch

I've been diagnosed with panic attacks, and that sounds quite similar to how I feel. Maybe it's best if you went to see your doctor (it's scary, but you'll be glad after you've done it) :)