Am I ever going to find someone warning long thread

dannyboy65

Well I have autism, schizophrenia, depression, and anxiety. Well I think I am ready for a relationship I started new pills now and I hardly hear voices. I noticed I am getting a lot happier too. I'm getting good marks in college I got 2 A's on both of my tests so far. Problem is my autism, I am really shy. Most of all I barely know how to speak. Well I can speak just I don't know how to hold a conversation. I'm also scared of meeting new people because of my schizophrenia. But I've been trying to get out of my comfort zone and meeting people. Its really hard to, and since I'm an adult with autism (I'm 18) I get a life coach who helps me with things like socializing and school work. I'm thinking of asking him for tips tomorrow.

gummybear22

i am so glad to hear the voices have trailed off alot!!! and that you're getting :) ier And that you're getting good grades! lots of good stuff happening to you; i hope they continue!!!
ask people about stuff they like if nothing comes to mind in a conversation. then you'll put in what you also like. something sortof in-common will come along soon, i think.

mismeek

See if you can get a speech pathologist. They are skilled/educated at working with people with autism and will understand your social needs. They can help you understand the social world. :)

Quietguy11

Really happy for your accomplishments and success stories! My schizophrenia makes it difficult for me to be around people as well. I spend most of my life indoors, and hardly go out unless I absolutely have to. I am trying to change that though by pushing myself, as difficult as it is. Also apparently I have autism according to my psychiatrist. He brought it up during an appointment but I don't know much about what autism is, so I'm not sure in what way I have it. I'll have to ask him the next time I see him. Again, happy to hear that you're doing so well. Keep it up! :)

Diend

It is nice to near these small victories in the sea of problems that people are facing on here.