Alone in a foreign country & I feel the best I have ever felt!!!

Hey that's brilliant news! congrats :) and I know exactly what you mean about the languages thing but you might even pick up some german (as in language, not person lol but you'll prob do that too) while your there without even noticing that you are. I remember being in rural parts of France a few years ago and getting up the courage to attempt french (because in my experience they appreciate the effort)) and instead of asking for a peach (pêche) at a market I asked for (la) pêche which is 'fishing'. This caused a little confusion heh :D

Devoured

I was in somewhat of a similar situation when i went off to University. It was in the same country, but i moved to a big city, on the ocean, and was about a 2.5 hour plane trip from where i grew up. Those years were definitely fun and a lot less stressful. Wish that I didn't make the decision to move back home after i graduated. :(

At the moment I am planning a trip to another country for a "working vacation" so hopefully that will get me out of my funk. Since I've never been outside of North America, I think going somewhere non-English would cause too much anxiety :(

Any suggestions from anyone? :D

Waybuloo

This is clearly paying off for you and it's great to see someone post something that works for them. However i'll have to say that from experience of travelling alone they were the most loneliest moments of my life and I had to put on a brave face to appear to be enjoying it when all I wanted to do is go home and be safe. I also attracted weirdos what with being a single female, but most people just ignored me. Of course I didn't have the confidence to approach strangers to talk.

I think it could either make or break you. It just made me more scared of people and strange places (esp ones where I didn't speak the language). Maybe others like you find that a good challenge.

redmatter

However i'll have to say that from experience of travelling alone they were the most loneliest moments of my life
Interesting...... I feel like an alien around people anyway, might as well enjoy the view ya know.