Alive or Invisible?

IcedEarth25

For the past couple of weeks or be it even months I'm under the strange inpression people in my own house are just too blind to notice or take any notice that i'm around at all. Basically I live with my mum and 2 sisters, i hardly see much of my mum as she's working most the time, same as me, but whenever i get a chance to speak to my younger siblings they hardly take any notice that I'm around and don't acknowledge that i'm trying to be civil with simple conversation, at first it seems they can't be bothered until a friend of theirs comes round and they start having a right laugh and i'm just pushed aside without too much of a second thought. I have criticised the fact that my sister's ex did treat her bad and I wasn't to become his mate after they'd split, however she has recently being seeing this other guy who comes round pretty much all the time and he aswell at times dosen't acknowledge me being around, i'm starting to think i get on with her ex better that her current bf, partner or whatever you wanna call him.

I have approached people and asked them why the ignorance, they tell me to stop being paranoid, but I'm personally getting sick and tired of being told that cause if they were in my shoes they too would know exactly how it feels being a stranger nearly 24/7 under my own roof...

Your people sound self centered and ignorant to a fault.
You're not paranoid,your family members obviously have a lot of personal growth left to achieve.
Just because you are wise enough to recognise how crappy and deficient the people around you are,that does not mean there is anything wrong with you.

Lea

Banned
Be happy that they are not bothering you at least. I think it´s much better than living with intrusive or violent family members.

IcedEarth25

It's just a case of "It's nice to be noticed and complimented every so often" but I wouldn't go as far as to call them self centered, its just they know how to deal with socialling properly whereas i don't but that ain't my fault.

IcedEarth25

Be happy that they are not bothering you at least. I think it´s much better than living with intrusive or violent family members.

Very true, i prefer my own space at times, they have their own lives and so do I.

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple
It's just a case of "It's nice to be noticed and complimented every so often" but I wouldn't go as far as to call them self centered, its just they know how to deal with socialling properly whereas i don't but that ain't my fault.

Do you make a point to notice them and compliment them? I think if you want a little attention from them you would need to give them some in return if you're not already.

IcedEarth25

Do you make a point to notice them and compliment them? I think if you want a little attention from them you would need to give them some in return if you're not already.

Yea i do pretty much all the time and half the time they don't take any word in edgeways or take any notice. Even a polite hello is alot to ask for some people in this world.

Jeez,I'm beginning to see what you mean....about being ignored.....while prople talk around above and below you.......:(.....

Coming here has made me sad.

IcedEarth25

Sitting downstairs with my sis and her 'new bf' just now felt like walking out the house and not coming back until the morning light, yea maybe i am sensitive bout certain issues but acting like i'm not there makes me feel like a nobody, s'pose my depression does focus round that little matter.

It's annoying as hell when you talk to a family member and they reply uninterested and start focusing on another family member while being polit and interested.

Silatuyok

My father actually falls aslepp right in front of you. My sister and I used to divert his self-interested topics to things we liked and he would nod off like a narcoleptic sufferer! lol. In this instance, his rudeness was a blessing.

lol. I wish my dad would do that. ::p:

alphaai

Hey,

Maybe the reason why they are not interested in talking to you could be one or many of the below:

1. you are not interesting to them
2. your conversation skills may be lacking.
3. your voice may not be strong enough. (wimpy sounding)
4. You just arent there enough of the time.
5. your focused on something else.
6. Cant see past yourself
7. Maybe your saying 'i i i i or me me me' and not 'we we we' or 'us us us us'
8. Maybe your boring.
9. Maybe you have issues that need dealing with.

if your family member don't like talking to you then I suggest trying to find out what could be wrong with you. That would be a start.
You will to ask yourself lots and lots of questions and try to find the answers to those questions.

People are drawn to those who they like. Since they are not drawn to you, there is obviously something or many things not worth liking about you.
Try to find what those things are. To say that it is them or they have issues is like trying to make yourself feel better and be in denial.

Thats my two cents.

Ben

IcedEarth25

Hey,

Maybe the reason why they are not interested in talking to you could be one or many of the below:

1. you are not interesting to them
2. your conversation skills may be lacking.
3. your voice may not be strong enough. (wimpy sounding)
4. You just arent there enough of the time.
5. your focused on something else.
6. Cant see past yourself
7. Maybe your saying 'i i i i or me me me' and not 'we we we' or 'us us us us'
8. Maybe your boring.
9. Maybe you have issues that need dealing with.

if your family member don't like talking to you then I suggest trying to find out what could be wrong with you. That would be a start.
You will to ask yourself lots and lots of questions and try to find the answers to those questions.

People are drawn to those who they like. Since they are not drawn to you, there is obviously something or many things not worth liking about you.
Try to find what those things are. To say that it is them or they have issues is like trying to make yourself feel better and be in denial.

Thats my two cents.

Ben

Yea true, i have very low confidence in conversation skills, I'm hardly there anyways, I'm always the 1 starting the conversation and seem to be ending it on a low note most the time and my voice is the quietest half the time cause like i say, confidence lacks in me alot. It's just a case of being friendly and approachable but that dosen't work half the time, I reckon when i get my own space (e.g. in my room) I feel more relaxed plus not being the constant source of judging every 5 minutes.

Thanx for the reply.