Advice on making friends?

Let_It_Go

Right now I don't have any friends at all and I can't even make eye contact with anyone. I've had friends before but that was when i was younger and was happier and alot more confident now thats changed and they friends were using me anyway ::(: so i was wondering do you have any advice on making friends (that are good friends)

Also I'm going to college in a few months and won't know anyone how do i start talking to someone or look more approachable? ::p:

Stepan

I think the fact that you wont know anyone could be advantage, just dont worry about stupid things and be friendly, think of it as a fresh start...

Pacific_Loner

Pirate from the North Pole
Right now I don't have any friends at all and I can't even make eye contact with anyone. I've had friends before but that was when i was younger and was happier and alot more confident now thats changed and they friends were using me anyway ::(: so i was wondering do you have any advice on making friends (that are good friends)

Also I'm going to college in a few months and won't know anyone how do i start talking to someone or look more approachable? ::p:

I am sorry to tell you that but eye contact is the best way to make yourself look approchable, for what I know so far. I don't mean staring at people, but I mean looking people around you instead of avoiding to look at them by looking at your feet. Since approaching people is hard for people "like us", you have to give them the chance of approaching you by at least looking at them. At least I think this is how it works.... I'm not the making-friends queen either lol

madmike

It's not easy, but my personal take on it is you have to spend as much time with the people as you can, even if it's awkward at first. Eventually that awkwardness disappears and i guess you become friends!

Good luck with college! Be yourself, cliché i know but its very important. Even if you're quiet, don't say much, are slightly awkward... People will be much happier to spend time with the true you than to spend time with a poser. I totally screwed up my first year by pretending to be something i was most definitely not, mainly because i was so anxious to make friends- in retrospect i know that i was a complete dick, but even then people were being friendly and trying to integrate me... maybe goes to show that people aren't so bad :)

madmike

Oh and, don't worry about screwing up either i guess. I feel like my first year at uni probably taught me the more than the previous 18 years of my life had because i guess i did try a lot of different approaches to things. You do learn from your mistakes...