A reintroduction

megalon

Hello out there in internet land! My name is Jason, and I became a member of this forum more than a decade ago. I'm 32 years old, and I've had social anxiety for as long as I can remember. I never had any friends when I was growing up.
Anyway, I left this site because things in my life were improving. I'm coming back from a five-ish year hiatus.
My life has changed much in that time. I moved out of my parents' house into an apartment. I made a lifelong friend, and a few not-as-close friends. I lost my virginity. I managed to find my first girlfriend, then, after that didn't work out, my second girlfriend. That one didn't work out either.
I switched jobs almost a year ago. The first time I had done so since I was a teenager. The new job pays much better, but everyone seems so cold. I haven't made a single friend there. It's miserable, and I count down the hours of every day till I can go home. After I get out of work, I don't go anywhere or do anything fun. I just sit at home alone, and worry about the next day till I have to go to bed. I used to be super close with my one friend. We would do everything together. Lately I only see her once every month or two.
I'm buying a house now, which is another thing I never thought I'd do.
Things should be going well, but I feel more lonely than ever before. That's why I decided to see if this forum was still around. Hopefully I can find some friendly people on here, and maybe I can use the bit of wisdom I've gained to help some people.

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple
Hello, welcome back! It's nice to hear a lot of things have gone well, even if there are a few that aren't at the moment.

The site has probably slowed down quite a bit since you last remember, but there are still a few friendly faces here and there. Make yourself at home!

Phoenixx

Welcome back! I kinda remember you from before! Looks like you've had plenty of positive changes in your life the last few years, I think that's really awesome! I'm sorry you're feeling so lonely lately, but hopefully some nostalgia from here can help out a bit?