A problem with my own mind

Bloir

My grandfather died six years ago. Today is the mass and my grandmother came my house to affect our conscience for we go today. And she said: Your cousin will go....
Honestly i feel his died but i am a person little religious. At same time i am rational and i want to do the correct but by other part...i dont want to do something by the opinion. All my life i have done it but now...nope.

Also my grandfather would not be very proud of me. I am the opposite to him: Atheist, caotic and little social...

I dont know. Problem with myself

One part of myself prefers to do what i feel althought that part is not something good to the society but at least, truth.

dyingtolive

i was atheist/agnostic growing up, always have been, but showing support for someone should stem from the compassion in ur heart, that has nothing to do about belief or religion.. If you feel that this is just a "social ritual" and people are just going becoz its expected of them, then thats another thing.. and the tension around this is greater than whether u 'love' ur grandmother or not..

if this is the case, perhaps theres another way u can show atleast that u do care for her. If she's the one who's pushing you to go, u can tell her nicely the reason u dont want to.. like u dont like the social gatherings..

goodluck and all the best..

MrJones

If the mass is today probably it's too late, but you can use this in other situations.

If you really don't want to do it at all you shouldn't do it. But if you think about it as an act with wich you can make someone you love feel better, then maybe you should reconsider it.

But in the end it all depends on your feelings.