7 posts

biotech56

How come were only aloud to make seven posts every 24 hours. On other forums like psychforums we can make as many as we want.

JonnyD

yeah, probably it's a antispam measure, but i know that there are better ways to keep people from spamming...

i belive it has some psycological function too, limiting people post number so they would have to do other things , maube socializing... just a teory :p

i really perceive the post limit as annoying because sometimes it keep me from contributing from a nice post...

Helyna

JonnyD said:
i belive it has some psycological function too, limiting people post number so they would have to do other things , maube socializing... just a teory :p
I honestly don't think anyone in charge thinks that much about us. This isn't anything most people would come up with, anyway.

It's anti-spam, I'm pretty sure, but it sure wouldn't work very well if someone really wanted to spam. You can get as many accounts as you want, you know.

Ericisme

Yea, lets say somebody already posted 7 times today, then they have a breakdown and have nobody to talk to except this site, then they will have nobody at all to talk to since he's at his limit for posts, I find that a little not smart.

xSleepy

Ericisme said:
Yea, lets say somebody already posted 7 times today, then they have a breakdown and have nobody to talk to except this site, then they will have nobody at all to talk to since he's at his limit for posts, I find that a little not smart.

well they could always make another account like other people on here do, including me. I also have another account, xSleepingBeauty. I think some people have more than 2. They have like 3 or 4 cause they post so much.

And I havent made up my mind yet if i think the post limit is a good or bad thing. theres good things and bad things about it. so i dont know

Dave_McFadden

Well, as Helyna said, you can always register for a second account. And I suppose, if you think you're predisposed to having a breakdown, you could plan ahead and re-register in advance, so that another account is there if you need it.

The limits were probably put there to prevent someone from registering under the name "Buy_My_Book" or something like that, and then "responding" to every thread. That would be pretty darn annoying if you ask me. Even if you don't ask me, I think it would be annoying anyway.

GloomySunday

I think the seven post limit is a good idea for new users to prevent spamming, but as a person's post level increases, so should their posting limit.

For example, everytime you hit a hundred posts, you should get an extra two posts allowed...or something!

I have three accounts, but I've retired one account. So I can post 14 times a day. But I only need it occasionally because I seem to post in spurts.

Remus

Staff member
yep its a crap idea but implemented by the webmaster few years back, maybe to save running costs or something? there never was an explantation

Helyna

Remus said:
yep its a crap idea but implemented by the webmaster few years back, maybe to save running costs or something? there never was an explantation
Even if you're not a moderator anymore, you were, so can't you talk to him about it or something? I mean, with all these users, you'd think he'd be getting enough money from the advertisers...

Remus

Staff member
I dont know how to contact him, used to leave messages on the mods forum but I dont have access now

we argued at the time and it wasnt up for discussion basically

biotech56

Couldn't it be raised to like at most 20 posts every 24 hours. This would be all I'm asking. When you have something to contribute but you've already made 7 posts that just sucks.

Also another system that could be arraged is a thanking system. Go to www.philosophyforum.com and make an account and you'll understand what I mean.

biotech56

Or maybe make it so that somebody can only post once or twice every four or five minutes or something like that.