4 weeks on Robinul Forte

Titch

Thought I'd give you my experience of hyperhydrosis and of using ROBINUL for the past four weeks.

I've had HH since my early teens if not before. I am now 49. As I got older and more involved in a social life I had to devise strategies to cope with embarrassing sweating from the face, head, trunk, back and groin. Even just sitting on a train or tube in summer and I looked like I'd run a marathon.

The sweating didn't stop in the winter even when I was working outside in the snow. No exaggeration.

My over whelming feeling was embarrassment and being self conscious and dreading the summer.

HH affected my desire to exercise. Martial arts would leave me whites wringing wet and even gentle exercise like yoga was just plain embarrassing. I never danced with my wife and hated eating out. Sitting in a hot restaurant eating had the same effect as sitting in a sauna.

I've tried many of the extra strength anti perspirants and last year I tried hypnosis and a range of herbal and homeopathic remedies. No luck. Botox was a consideration but surgery never was.

Anyway about 6 weeks ago I went to my GP again to discuss medication. Previously a different GP had said there was no such medication. This time I was armed with a bit of research from the Web. I gave her my suggestion (can't remember what now) but she recommended Robinul Forte instead. She had had previous success with it. She suggested a dosage of 1x2mg tablet for the first week then 2x2mg subsequently.

So far it's working very well. My yoga class is a stress free pleasure and even strenuous gardening only causes a light perspiration on the brow which dries in the breeze. I suspect this is how normal sweating works but it's a novelty for me.

Obviously it's still winter but I know from experience that my HH has improved greatly, if I feel I need to, I'll increase the dosage in the summer.

Finally although there was a list of side effects, none of them overly concerned me and so far the only thing I've noticed is a slightly dry mouth, easily remedied with sugar free gum.

As a gross experiment I found I was able to wear the same shirt all week without having a shower. This was a one off test. I won't be repeating it.

I don't work for any pharmaceutical company but felt this might help

Sprawling

Thanks for sharing your story and welcome to the group.

For those not familiar, Robinul, Avert are one of the same. Both are Glycopyrrolate which we refer to as Glyco. We have many postings related to using this medication.

Glad you are getting some relief Titch.