??

Prestonator

Hi there,

Well my anxiety has been pretty low and stable the past couple of weeks, but since coming back from home, where i dont live when im at uni, my anxiety seems to have got worse again. The past few nights i havent slept properly and yesterday i also didnt eat much. Somehow even though im hungry i just find eating difficult when im anxious!

I am now back at uni, and my boyfriend is coming back either tomorrow or the day after, and the unknown exact time and day of his return i think is what triggered off this anxiety. He is not one for organsing, whereas I am. I like to have everything planned in my head so i worry less. Do you agree that maybe my uncertainty of when he will be back could have triggered my anxiety?

My sleepless nights though could also be caused by me having a lot of things on my mind which i do at the moment. But like last night, i went to bed at half 12, and lay awake until like 3 when i drifted off, woke up again at 4 and lay awake for another couple of hours, then had to get up at 7:45. I am now shattered. Annoyingly i went to bed earlyish to get a good night sleep but ended up not getting one!

Another reason which i have thought about is that maybe i didn't trust myself enough to fall asleep and wake up with enough time for me to get ready, so my subconcious didnt let me sleep very deeply when i did drift off. Hence i am now very tired.

What do you guys think???

dean01

hi prestonator,
i have the same problem with sleeping, i found that rescue remedy or rescue night can help to shut my mind down so i sleep, it doesnt always work depepending on how stressed i am but it still takes the edge off. vitamin b is also good for helping to remain calm but you have to take it everyday for it to start working. you can get them both from holland and barret.
check with your doctor to see if its ok for you to try them, you never no what might work. xxx ps maybe discuss taking paroxetine with your doc as it has been known to increase appertite and enhance your mood. xxxx

Nanita

Hi
About the sleeping; Several times a week, I have nights where I wake up many times and I get completely desperate, just wanting to sleep.
The worst is when I try to go to bed early (if I have to get up early for seomthing) and I fall asleep and then wake up just 5 minutes after I fall asleep. It must be because of aaaalllll my troubling thoughts and worries.
I don´t really know what to do about it though.

Last edited: