21 and started cutting again :(

i'm 21 and ive started all of a sudden cutting myself again...last time I did it was when I was 17. I still have the scars from when I used to cut myself when I was younger and they look horrible but now my whole arms just a bloody mess and its really sore...I don't know why I cut myself, I am not depressed, I only do it when I'm angry or upset at something, infact I think its when it involves conflict (arguments) its just all too much. I can't tell anyone about it because (though probs lots of people see it) because it wont look good on me for countless reasons and I don't want to be kicked off my uni course cause im training to be a professional and really want to do what im training in as im so passionate bout it. I don't know how to stop and need some help!.

Lou-s-Darkness

I stopped when i was 17 as well, cuz i went too far. And I also started again recently. I try my best to hide them. Why will you get kicked out of uni though?

jaim38

Please don't cut yourself. The scars that result could be permanent. Topical skin creams may improve the appearance of your skin but to a certain extent. Does your university provide mental health services? Perhaps you can see a counselor for free. Or you can call free hotlines sponsored by the government or nonprofits, like this one:

800-DONT-CUT
800-366-8288

I think you can remain anonymous during the call.

Onimaru

I used to cut as well and stopped around 16-17..,Life can be very overwhelming at times but cutting doesn't change it one bit...besides leaving you with painful memories and scars.. find a healthy way to relieve those emotions and to distract you. Also find someone to talk to and to help you cope with/resolve these issues...it feels like a huuuge relief getting all that off your chest.

I draw and paint a lot...turning my emotions into art feels a heck of a lot better than mutilating my body.

just my thoughts

EscapeArtist

I started again here at 20 and last time before that wa 15.. things that help, endorphins. Exercise... your body is looking for them. Also confront people with your strong feelings. Im really sorry to hear abobout your arm, a lot of peope have those marks so theyre not as shocking to the general pop as they used to be... im trying to do lttle exposures by wearing short sleeves for shorts amts of time outside for now, but later, bio oil and tanning helps... maybe a tattoo in the future..

thank ya'll for all your advice....I will be kicked off cause im studying to b a nurse nd it just doesn't look good when im meant to be caring for others and I have cuts down my arms nobody wants to be taken care of by someone who cuts themselves I know I wouldn't so that's why I think they'll kick me off the course and I don't want that cause ive got one year to go and im nearly qualified...!