1 1/2 Month after ETS Surgery - Why is this happening?

AllSweaty

Hello all.

I did this surgery for my excessive sweat in my hands and armpits. Days after the surgery my hands were really dry and i had to use a moisturizer.

Today my armpits still dry but my hands started to sweat again, not as much as before but enough to really bother me. I've called my doctor and i'll see him this week.

But i'm really upset with this! Is this even normal at such a short time after the surgery? What could this be?

Thank you

mmok

Dont have alot of knowledge about EST treatment, is is suppose to be a permanent solution? Also, have you tried botox injections?

ukchick

I had the op when I was 16 and am now 41,I seem to recall it took my body at least 6months to settle down.My hands don't sweat at all but my body sweats worse than before.

AllSweaty

Thank you for your replies. I'll talk to my doctor this friday and then we'll see.

ukchick but would you do the op again despite compensatory sweating? And did you already tried Robinul? Dont know much about that but some people with compensatory sweating take that medication.

ukchick

Thank you for your replies. I'll talk to my doctor this friday and then we'll see.

ukchick but would you do the op again despite compensatory sweating? And did you already tried Robinul? Dont know much about that but some people with compensatory sweating take that medication.
Being totally honest,yes,I would go through it again.I felt suicidal dealing with sweaty hands.My body sweating can be covered but it has had a massive effect on me socially. I'm not sure if I would allow my daughter to have the op.Sweaty hands are so restrictive on your life,it was the right decision for me.x

wannabedry

so its been a month and a half only since ets? how much are the hands sweating? is it as severe as before the surgery like dripping? or just slight? it may just be some sort of adjustment or healing going on in the nerves since its so recent. I had ETS 11 years ago and my hands sweat again for sure now but not at the same level as before the surgery. they were dry for the first few years or so , then gradually it came back but it never came back to the point where they would drip like a faucet, they sweat now but in a less severe way, however my compensatory sweating on the body is worse for me so if i could go back in time i wouldnt have done it!

AllSweaty

wannabedry thanks for sharing. Yes i had the surgery about 1 month and 3 weeks ago. About a week and half ago my hands start sweating not as severe as before but i really hope to get better. The truth is that i'm getting a little depressed because of that :(

Last edited:

wannabedry

well depression is definitely something ive been dealing with bigtime but its mostly due to the compensatory sweat on my stomach and back. thats what is killing me, I dont know how most peoples hands are years after ETS but with mine as i said after 11 years they sweat again but not like before , they were bone dry for the first few years then it returned gradually but only to the point to where theyre clammy and moist but not dripping like a faucet like pre-ets, i know it sucks!