Cluuuubbing

THeCARS1979

It depends where it is. Places with karaoke I can manage. If its Coyote Ugly I can manage. Anyplace like Coyote Ugly I can manage.

mikebird

Banned
How about relating this thread to festivals?

Hands in the air is for me.

I prefer tunes so loud that hit like a storm / earthquake. It's better than sitting at home with a coffee all day / all night

You don't have to relate to people intensely. It's important to like what others like in the same place at the same time. Good reason to see a good smile on everyone's faces

I like to help with setting up the sound rigs before and take it all down a few days later.

I usually have all this to do at least on every New Year's Eve, and occasionally in the summer too. Not as good as it used to be, 1998 - 2005, pretty much every Friday or Saturday, lasting a few days, with no sleep

Never, ever in the same place. Always different. I tell people about it when I find out for someone else, and vice versa.

Last edited:

evz

ill goto the bar once in a while. it kinda comes in small phases for me. Somtimes its interesting to sit and watch everyone else have "fun"

Gadfly

I don't dance, I don't drink, I don't like crowds or excessively loud music. I've never been to a club or a strip bar (sorry if the association is inapt, I'm old and apparently part Amish). :)

sahxox

lol just went 'clubbing' for the second time, reminded me of this thread.
It's funny how difficult, should i say impossible, it is to try and relax when you're trying to relax. I either am or I'm not...
Firstly, I was driving so 100% sober. Secondly, the floor had about 50 people on it and 50 people watching, so no real atmosphere. Thirdly, the music was crap. When a good song came on I felt myself get more lost in it. Lastly, I slept like shit the night before so not in the best mood.
I thought I was doing alright at dancing... not hating it and actually starting to enjoy it. However my friends boyfriend kept telling me to lighten up. Haha guess it's impossible to hide a solemn expression.
So yeah. How impossible it is to "lighten up" when you're trying lol

vickiekitties

The only clubs I go to are gay bars to see drag shows my sisters roommate is in. I could never approach the bar to order a drink, my sister gets them for me.

Odo

Banned
In my first year of university I went out every now and then because it seemed to be what everyone did. Sometimes it was fun, but only because I was with friends... there were clubs that were slimy, ones that were just loud, and ones that were more fun. My favorite was a smaller one that played more indie music like Blur and Pixies and Belle and Sebastian, but it was pretty hard to dance to that. I think they all sort of went downhill after a while, though... if they weren't explicitly offering a hookup type atmosphere, they weren't as popular.

Silatuyok

I used to feel bad for not going clubbing, because it almost seems like you have to when you are in your early/mid-twenties. Now that I'm older, though, I see how silly it is to feel obliged to do something that is so far away from my idea of a fun time. I'm glad to say I've never been clubbing.

mismeek

I like going because even though YOU are sober.. no one else is, so you can pretty much do and say what you want and most of your friends wont remember it the next day.

Go! have fun, cut loose, let your hair down..etc

MikeyC

lol just went 'clubbing' for the second time, reminded me of this thread.
It's funny how difficult, should i say impossible, it is to try and relax when you're trying to relax. I either am or I'm not...
Firstly, I was driving so 100% sober. Secondly, the floor had about 50 people on it and 50 people watching, so no real atmosphere. Thirdly, the music was crap. When a good song came on I felt myself get more lost in it. Lastly, I slept like shit the night before so not in the best mood.
I thought I was doing alright at dancing... not hating it and actually starting to enjoy it. However my friends boyfriend kept telling me to lighten up. Haha guess it's impossible to hide a solemn expression.
So yeah. How impossible it is to "lighten up" when you're trying lol
You're from Sydney, right? Where did you end up going? I like to go to Three Wise Monkeys, if you've heard of it. Been there a couple of times and it's been a good experience each time.

I don't mind clubbing every now and again, although I need clubbing friends to do it with. :giggle: