Cluuuubbing

sahxox

Hey guys just outta curiosity I was wondering what the general reaction to going out to nightclubs/bars or whatever is... especially dancing... my motto regarding this is "unless u look like a total douchebag on the floor, you look like a total douchebag." Totally suits the overbearing inhibition associated with s.a, not. lol society <3

MikeyC

I don't mind clubbing. I've done it a few times. Would do it again. It's not something I can do often, though.

I have never been able to go to a nightclub or bar. My SA has never let me.
This makes me feel like an alien, so I don't ever mention this to anyone in real life.

crazycatlady27

i went clubing many a years ago and i did not find it that fun, i mean if you are girl from what i have seen you are to dress in the shortest item and pass out in your own vomit on the street lol

sahxox

i went clubing many a years ago and i did not find it that fun, i mean if you are girl from what i have seen you are to dress in the shortest item and pass out in your own vomit on the street lol

haha that is true. sometimes its fun to go watch how stupid others can be, not even worry about participating lol

crazycatlady27

yeah it is fun to watch and i think a few beers a little dance wont harm you and you never know you might meet someone nice there xxxx

laure15

Never been clubbing either, and probably won't ever. But, if I feel no pressure to drink or dance, then maybe I will go for the social aspect of it.

Edit: actually, now that i think about it, I probably shouldn't go to clubs. I don't see any reason to. I don't like dancing, drinking, or wearing revealing clothes, so if I go there, it'll be a waste of time.

Last edited:

JackOfSpades

I've been clubbing a few times and don't really like it. I know some people who are socially anxious that do find it easier to just dance with people in that environment. For me it feels too much about looking cool and impressing someone instantly, and visually, and that's not my speed. But I was a lot less comfortable in life, at the time I tried them.

1327284671-4607.jpg

chibiXphantom

never had the desire to go to a club. i dont dance, wont dance, hate the people usually found in clubs, am uncomfortable around alcohol, and i dont like the music. so a club is a place i have no desire to be at all. not my environment. id rather sit alone in the corner of a library. its nice there

mikebird

Banned
Not being negative

The term has no place in my life. From teenage in early 1990s to... right now
We laughed at that word. I'd think of very old people collecting stamps, coins, trainspotting, knitting, crotchet? What's that?

My best way to use the word would be to use a bat / piece of wood to kill people.

Fine to 'go out'. That is not the right wording either - staying at home or leaving it?

WE... our kind had a time and place to group in a bar. Not a 'pub' which did not involve 'pop'.
My elder brothers and their girls / wives liked a place in town called 'GAS' to meet for pop on a Saturday night (Michael Jackson, Wham, Elton John) where I lived (never 'grreeeww up' - ignorant of what was around me) Glad to get out of there

I got myself into The NIGHT OWL when I was 14. 1980s. A door in the street. Up the stairs to a windowless room with a bar and dancefloor. Entirely metal, grunge, Death - all American - Metallica & Megadeth, going home about 4am to get ready for school. We had tooo much beer. Girls jumped all over me but generally found me a bit odd, I guess. I thought they were. mmm. too loud & fat

Ooh I did have deep social ineptitude which has taken me until about 2011 to recognise my failures - trying to not interact, and relax. Did like a big Iron Maiden event in Shepperton once

Since 1994 to now, London or Bristol, inside or outside in summer, we made our own parties. From the start I organised a few events with strictly electronic, non-vocal music. That's proper reason to get you excited & moving, feeding real emotion & passion directly into your ears, and mostly disturbingly bass into your belly. The 'pay to get in' door tariff and bouncers era disappeared for us in about 1997. Free parties were my life. Inter-contintental, travelling in vans with serious kit and power generators of different sizes. That was a way to get clubbing together, NOT following society. The inverse. We mixed our own music. Early days: organised in a nightclub, with our own strobes and ultraviolet. No mirrorball.

Police use helicopters and ground force with shields to stop the noise. In fields, forest or beach outside or cities in recycled buildings. The best activity was to take over disused buildings, just to smash up everything - windows, doors... airport hangars, farm buildings in the countryside near Bristol, warehouses, fire stations - anything empty. 30 floors. Different sound rig on each floor. One on the roof. Umm.. not Ibiza... We followed French and Czech culture. In the wispy mountains of Barcelona

This is THE reason why I've found it impossible to meld with the standard everyday normal couch potato TV-DVD-watching genre of people who like go shopping, and work in offices. Different planet lifestyle. Thought I could get on that way.

Carved a different way to live. Trying to hide that and be normal. It is all over. I wonder what normal people do, because... I don't

Last edited:

Niceguy23

I did it once and never again so many people I could not even walk and I almost got into a fight. That is just trouble for me.

Gaucho

when i was 18 and in high school (now Im 20) i went "clubbing" every friday night, and sometimes saturday. i drank very much alcohol trying to forget my SA problems. and even tho it had side effects, it was much better than being alone and depressed.

normally i never danced, but in the last year i managed to dance, even if it was very very bad

neohorizon

AHAHAHAH that picture in the first page, last month i went to a club for the first time, i was exactly the same way!!!! i got there with like 8 friends, but they left me alone after some time, they went after girls and dacing... and i got alone! HAHAHA at least i danced and got drunk! its was good after all... But as i said i went there with FRIENDS, alone i would do nothing

MikeyC

yeah it is fun to watch and i think a few beers a little dance wont harm you and you never know you might meet someone nice there xxxx
Meeting a nice guy at a club is hard because there's a lot of sleazy guys there.

never had the desire to go to a club. i dont dance, wont dance, hate the people usually found in clubs, am uncomfortable around alcohol, and i dont like the music. so a club is a place i have no desire to be at all. not my environment. id rather sit alone in the corner of a library. its nice there
Fair enough. I usually listen to heavy metal and don't drink much now but I still sometimes enjoy going to these places. Maybe it's because I'm around people my own age. I don't know. Haven't been in a little while so I'm nearly due.

dean01

i had a mis spent youth and went clubbing at the age of 13, i only went the once and that was enough for me. i dont drink, dance or shout over music so i decided years ago that i wouldnt torture myself again.