zopiclone and ativan

mdrake

ive got a terrible sleep issue for years, its prety much ruined my life the last few years. Last night i took a zopiclone and 4 hours later through the night i took a 1 mg ativan. is it safe?

sullyS25

ive got a terrible sleep issue for years, its prety much ruined my life the last few years. Last night i took a zopiclone and 4 hours later through the night i took a 1 mg ativan. is it safe?

Ya man it isnt advisable and a doctor certainly wouldnt tell you to do that but with that amount you are fine. It is when you start taking multiple zopicione's with multiple ativans that your breathing will stop so dont make it a habit of combining the two. They are both central nervous system depressants, takin together in a high dosage I am sure they will stop your breathing. That being said, one zopiclone and one 1mg ativan wont kill you.

WeirdyMcGee

That amount doesn't sound like it can cause any damage, but you should always check with a doctor before you start mixing meds. You never now what kind of reaction you might end up having to it.

sullyS25

you were totally fine, especially since you took the ativan 4 hours after the zopiclone but that is probably for the best. Exercise helps me sleep