Zelda...

Morgan01

Ok so about a month or so ago me and my boyfriend, Tommy, decided we were in a mood to buy a pet. Just out of the blue, and we went to the pet store..
I wanted a turtle or a fish or a snake really but they are too expensive and he was paying. He really wanted a rat.. I was not too fond of the idea of having a rat. Their tails kind of creep me out.. but he convinced me they were great pets, and the store person said they were really smart and a great first pet, and then when we took him out of the cage my daughter loved him! cried when they put him back in.. so I was sold.
then we decided to name her Zelda.
Zelda turned out to be a bitch.. she bit me, and then she bit my daughter, and then she bit tommy to the point where he bled.
Not to mention that she pooped so much that it came out of her cage onto the floor.. which I really did not like, especially with a baby running around picking things up off the floor.
So I had enough, and Tommy wasn't too fond of her anymore either, so we had to get rid of her we had tried to like her long enough..
So we decided to take her back to petsmart today. They said they wouldn't take her back! told us to look online where to take her!! So Tommy suggested we let her loose in a field.. I thought that was mean..
So we agreed on putting her on someones doorstep with the food and cage. So Tommy went to do it without me.. he came back and I asked him about it.. he said he put them on the side of someones house and opened the door to her cage! I asked him to drive me by where it was.. and he did and she was off by this little bush right by the road and I saw her rawling out by the bush about 3 feet from her cage.
I feel sooo bad.. I am sure she will get run over.. or some kids will find her and torture her.. or some dog or cat will eat her.. or she will starve to death..
I feel like I without a doubt cut atleast 2/3s of her life off.
and she is really young and I just feel like she can't defend herself.. anyway I can't stop thinking about it I feel awful.

: (

Perfidion

Yeah, if she's a domesticated rat, she's probably not going to last long against the feral competition. I'd have kept her until I could find a home for her, or I'd have taken her to the SPCA.

Morgan01

yeah.. ahh. poor zelda.. I feel like she is probably so lost and confused.. but I dunno maybe she is happier.. better to be homeless or lonely in prison?
maybe she was wild at heart.. I can only hope.. she isn't very smart though.. she never figured out how to run on her wheel even.
I dunno.. I feel bad but there isn't much I can do now..just hope