your sp and sex

hiddenme

how does this affect your sex lives or your romantic relationships? are any of you married or afraid you never will be?

crescent

kinda think it will need a miracle to finally have a bf and married. But I'm not so worried, believe if God will it, He will find one for me. :D

ok well im only 17...so i guess i have alot of life ahead of me. ive never had a boyfreind. but at the moment im kinda in a relationship kinda thing with this non-sa guy. its kinda complicated cos he lives in a different city. but yeah...i have only met him on a cuople of occasions. but hes coming to visit me next weekend. im really nervous. and kinda scared about the whole sex thing...i mean i know i can just say no. but yeah, i dunno. its a bit weird cos hes already telling me he loves me. when a guy says that does he usually just want sex?? i like this guy sooo much, but i dont think ive known him long enough to totally trust him.

BlackSheep

hiddenme said:
how does this affect your sex lives or your romantic relationships?

I don’t currently have a sex life and never have and probably never will, but I don’t dwell on it.

I never been in a relationship and probably never will, but I try not to think about it.

hiddenme said:
are any of you married or afraid you never will be?

I really doubt that I will ever get married or have kids.

I try not to think about it much, but at times I do feel a little sad.
When I see a guy my age or younger with a wife and kids, it makes me feel like I’m far behind where I am suppose to be in life. But then I think not everyone is the same, the path of live is different for everybody. A lot of non sa/sp people I know aren’t married, have lots of kids, and are not in relationships. After I think about it I come to the conclusion that I just was not intended to be a married guy with kids.
Que Sera, Sera

BlackSheep

the_secret_me, you guessed right you do have a lot of life ahead of you. If this “boyfriend” really does love you and you really don’t trust him yet, he can surely wait to have sex until you are ready.

Septor

hiddenme said:
how does this affect your sex lives or your romantic relationships? are any of you married or afraid you never will be?

Like other people here I have never had sex or been in a romantic relationships and I wont get married because that takes romantic relationships but it's best not to worry about it and just put my energy into more useful pursuits.

hiddenme

Well, I'm not looking forward to being lonely for the rest of my life. I'm gonna try to fix whatever I can. Good luck for the rest of use.

OH, and secret, if you're scared about having sex then it's probably not a good idea to have it. As for whether he's telling you the truth about his love, that one is really hard for me to judge. I can't possibly know, but a lot of guys do lie, so be on the look out. That's the best advice I can give you.

Waybuloo

SA has actually led me to having a relationship, and because of SA its prob more close than what i can have if i dont' have SA. I don't have a sex life yet, cause its impossible, but i will one day.
I don't believe i will be crippled by sa and end up old lonely eaten by cats. If others with sa can have love and family then why can't I.

scatmantom

With me I cant have a sexlife till I get over this. Its not fair to put my issues upon another person. However, I know that all this stuff is in my head, and I can look "normal" on the outside if need be. Just keeping it all bottled up over time could be damaging to me.

Lotrsfan

I often worry about never getting a boyfriend and actually getting passed the married stage because of SA :(

Maggot

In terms of relationships im sure ill have a meaningful one, one day. you cannot really predict when that will happen. Up to this point i've had a few oppertunities, but have never acted upon those for fear of being found out.
I have never revealed to anyone outside my immidiate family about my socail anxiety, which made having any kind of relationship difficult. People never understood why i act the way i do.

I othen think about the fact that at the point i am in my life i feel like i shouldn't have any kids because i wouldnt want to impose my twisted belief system upon them. What really worries me is that im not sure ill ever be able to reach a point in which i will be capable of raising mentally healthy children. That thought really depresses me.

JCR

effect on sex life

coz of SA i was 2 shy & unconfident during my teens & didnt lose my virginity till i was 22. even then it was just a friend of a friend wanting a rebound fling, i had a couple of relationships. one of which gav me a son 2 b proud of, however im now no longer with his mother. the dark gloomy feeling of bein alone & the fear of not finding my soulmate is coming back. now all i do is find myself looking at beautiful women & dreaming, i feel like im obsessd with sex coz i was 2 scared of it at & felt like it was neva gona happen 4 me.

JCR

effect on sex life

coz of SA i was 2 shy & unconfident during my teens & didnt lose my virginity till i was 22. even then it was just a friend of a friend wanting a rebound fling, i had a couple of relationships. one of which gav me a son 2 b proud of, however im now no longer with his mother. the dark gloomy feeling of bein alone & the fear of not finding my soulmate is coming back. now all i do is find myself looking at beautiful women & dreaming, i feel like im obsessd with sex coz i was 2 scared of it at & felt like it was neva gona happen 4 me.

Niles

I have had superficial sexual relationships - nothing really of any depth. I love woman and sex and find that i can overcome my anxiety enough to allow me to have sex at least.