Your Anxiety May Be a Medical Condition Too

Diend

After getting my medical diagnostic back from my physician she said my vitamin D levels were low. This got me thinking whether there were physical things that was preventing me from getting better. I always thought it was because of genetic disposition and environmental factors but there is a medical aspect as well.

Flanscho

Well, a lot of people have a lack of Vitamin D. There are several problems with that though:
a) you can create enough Vitamin D by stepping into the sun every now and then, which is obviously more healthy than taking pills.
b) Vitamin D is these days somewhat overhyped. A number of people claim that it's the solution to everything. Of course it's not.
c) Vitamin D is very quickly absorbed in the body, so to get a reliable result on your Vitamin D levels you'd have your blood taken several times a day over several days.
d) whether you have low Vitamin D or not might have, like thousands of other things, an impact on your mood and whatnot, but it will not change your overall behavior, your view on social situations or whatnot.
e) the effects of vitamin D supplementation on health are uncertain

So... yes... if you are never in the sunlight, then you might lack Vitamin D, and a supplement could help with some issues. But you should be careful about that. Stepping into the sun is obviously healthy, since your body then synthesizes the right amount of natural Vitamin D you need, without you having to swallow pills. And taking Vitamin D supplements won't be like some sort of switch, that will change your life and your personality.

Kiwong

I have haemachromatosis, which is an iron overload disease. This can effect all organs in the body including the brain