Your #1 Reason to Get Rid of Hyperhidrosis

HH Assassin

What is the number 1 reason why you want to get rid of your hyperhidrosis?

Guys/Girls?
Shaking hands for business or just meeting new people?
General comfort?
Playing an instrument?

What dream do you think it is preventing you from accomplishing?
Talk to me, people! ;)

Rexus

Um, being free?

Everything is different with hh, especially if u have it all over. To be able to meet the girl of my dreams, to shake hands, for general comfort, for playing an instrument, and so on

IhateHH

Hmmmm. To get my social life back, which would include going back to school, being able to hold a job, and talk with old friends that i have been avoiding.

Soy Sauce

Probably love. None of my past gf's knew about my condition. I would just become reclusive and withdrawn when it would act up and to them I was acting really strangely. I could never bring myself to tell them for fear of embarassment. That's why I've had so few relationships and so few intimate experiences. Just to be able to hold hands or touch their skin. Luckily, I am a successful iontophoresis user and things are much better!

Apart from that, everything else is pretty equal. I love playing basketball, but it becomes hard to handle the ball or shoot when my HH is acting up. HH makes work difficult, as I work with my hands all day. I use to play the piano but it was imppossible when my HH was acting up. And forget about playing the drums lol. The sticks would stay in my hands for about 5 seconds before they slipped out and go flying across the room. Writing, driving, using my laptop or iphone, all difficult. Video games, nope. I remember I was at a girls house that I had been getting close to and she wanted to play Guitar Hero. Uh, uh. Not a chance. I must of came off as wierd and a jerk because she kept askiing me and I kept refusing.

As I said, luckily I am a successful inotophoresis user and my quality of life is much improved, although I slack on my treatments at times and my HH will come back.

Mr_Drips

Everyone has summed it up pretty well. I'd say for me, the one thing I wish for is dry hands, for obvious reasons. It's just annoying and embarassing to have. Like when the paper sticks to your hands as you're writing on it, or when you have to shake hands with someone and make a good (laughable, yet memorable) first impression. Or god forbid have to touch a girl...It has to be the most socially cripling disorder to have.

I'd like to cure my HH so I can finally have the courage to go back to school, to take the drawing classes I could never attend, learn an instrument, write a letter, run my fingers through my boyfriend's hair, play video games without soaking & possibly ruining the controller, wear a short sleeve shirt & flip flops in the summer without fear, hold my boyfriend's hand more, play sports, go back to waitressing, become something more than just a socially awkward dishwasher...

just to name a few.

HH Assassin

I wanna shake hands and learn wing chun. haha
Everything else like driving and writing on paper and stuff is a total nuisance but doesn't interfere with me connecting with people or learning something I have been wanting to learn for the longest.
I also want to shake my boss' hand, look him square in the eye and tell him "You and I both know darn well that I deserve a raise"...buuuut I will need a) courage and b) a nice, firm, confident grip. :)

The former can be mustered up...the latter is the problem.

Hyperfeet

What, and nobody's mentioned the smell? You lot are lucky by the sounds of things.

I'd like to be able to go into a room for more than 5 minutes without stinking the place out. Be able to go to gigs and clubs again without fear, get a job, have more general confidence...

Sweaty feet ****ed up my life for sure...

SweatParty

So many reasons, but mainly for free social interaction, intimacy, and complete confidence at work.

Since I have terrible palmar HH, it is really a novelty for me to hold hands with girls. In the rare, rare times when my hands aren't sweating, I go out of my way to hold hands, dance, etc. It is so great. Would be awesome to have that freedom all the time.

margiehope

What is the number 1 reason why you want to get rid of your hyperhidrosis?

Guys/Girls?
Shaking hands for business or just meeting new people?
General comfort?
Playing an instrument?

What dream do you think it is preventing you from accomplishing?
Talk to me, people! ;)

-Public embarrassment. I have craniofacial HH, so wasn't able to use hair products or makeup. Women know how this matters!
-Hooray for Avert!