You haven't got SA!

moodygoo

Sometimes I get the feeling that people hate to see people with lesser degrees with SA. Like in the picture thread when someone posts a pic with other people there will doubtless be someone questioning their SA..

It's kinda back to front cos I'm usually trying to conceal how few friends I have and how little I go out but I'm worried to reveal what I can do. I know people have got it A LOT worse here but I can still relate to posts here more than I have on any other forum.

Although, having said that I can also relate to the feeling of having someone say they understand and are the same then appearing to be just fine.. but thats just shameful jealousy right??

summer

i feel exactly the same as you, i have many issues and find many social things extremly difficult but i have friends, not lots of them i have to add, but i do have a few close friends. having friends doesnt mean that we dont suffer from SA aswell, we all just suffer in different ways and with different degrees.

MoonBeams

Yeah I hate that. Having social anxiety doesn't mean you have no friends. It's the unfamiliar new people that freak me out, or talking to adults. I have a few good friends that I am comfortable talking with.

Richey

some of it is measured in degrees of how it affects the individual, sometimes you read people having problems yet they talk alot and are outgoing and they go out and drink and are in a relationship and they have many friends ..so people think "your life really isnt that bad at all then" out of envy