You got the wrong idea

Status
Not open for further replies.

SickJoke

The thread was closed before I could explain some things, so here are my replies.

Havocan said:
No, of course not. But any time you use your skills to archive something which normally isn't supposed to happen and manage to play with another person's feelings it's manipulation.

Touching is normal. Attraction is normal. There's nothing out of the ordinary here.

Havocan said:
Like when you're on a date with a girl who didn't want to end up in bed with you but still does it because you manage to trick her into bed using your PUA skills.

Uhh if a girl doesn't want to end up in bed with you, she won't. If she does end up in bed with you, that's because she's attracted to you. PUA skills enable guys without experience to become attractive.

---

Remus said:
The point is I wasn't "trying" to be successful, I was just my natural self. I wasn't Mr.AppliedLogic

Yeah I get the point. I was giving you a compliment.

Remus said:
maybe *I* should be giving advice workshops here

Maybe.

Remus said:
This to me seems like a "treat women as cattle" thread, here's advice sickjoke, show respect to women and you may get some back.

I am respectful to women. You're being disrespectful to me by saying that I treat them like cattle. Never once have I implied women are like cattle. The guy in the original post wanted to know how to transition from conversation to fooling around with a girl, so I told him. It's simply social skills.

Remus said:
You might aswell advise guys to see prostitutes

Hey, if that's your cup of tea, I don't judge ;)

---

Danfalc said:
Got to agree here...If guys can learn social skills and learn to be more comfortable around thats great.

That's all the thread was about.

Danfalc said:
But i think that has to come from them feeling confident in them selves,and not the targeting of every girl as a potenial "score",which im sorry but thats how your view point seems to come across as.

Knowing how to interact with women will give them confidence!

Danfalc said:
Remus nailed it when he said about it seeming predatory,thats the vibe ive got aswell,especial the post about touching women.

Why is everyone so hung up on touching? It's a natural part of conversation. Two old friends having a conversation will elbow each other, touch each other's arm, slap hands, put their arm around each other, etc. The same goes for any comfortable interaction. Touching is part of comfort-building.

Danfalc said:
In my experience girls like to be treated like human beings..not some prey to be targeted.

Agreed!

Danfalc said:
I also found some of your posts quite degrading towards women. Asking them if they would have a 3 some with a fammily member

Come on man are you serious? Everyone was joking around in that thread.

---

Remus said:
Locking this thread, it's just demeaning

The guy has a legitimate question, and I answered it. There's nothing demeaning about learning how to interact with women

edit: but I'm not arguing with the decision, I just wanted to reply to some points :D

Last edited:

LOL @ the second round
i can see your point because there are alot of women who want a night just for interaction like this!
sick joke isn't saying that you should force her, if shes into it she will and i especially belive this after they've had a few drinks:D

SickJoke

LOL @ the second round
i can see your point because there are alot of women who want a night just for interaction like this!
sick joke isn't saying that you should force her, if shes into it she will and i especially belive this after they've had a few drinks:D

Thanks but that's not really helping :D

It doesn't have to be about one-night stands and she doesn't have to be drunk :rolleyes:

Learning how to interact with women can lead to long term relationships

Havocan

It's not about touching or getting attraction, its about fooling the girl into believing you're so special and more of a nice guy then all the others out there so you can get with her. And since you're using mental tactics deliberately to get something you weren't supposed to get in the first place {when assuming she didn't want sex but was fooled}. That's pretty much manipulation to me.

SickJoke

It's not about touching or getting attraction, its about fooling the girl into believing you're so special and more of a nice guy then all the others out there so you can get with her.

WHAT? Where did I say that anywhere?

And since you're using mental tactics deliberately to get something you weren't supposed to get in the first place {when assuming she didn't want sex but was fooled}. That's pretty much manipulation to me.

WHAT? The thread was about going from a normal conversation to fooling around with a girl, because that's what the dude asked me about. That's a normal process in any relationship!

Danfalc

Banned
Come on man are you serious? Everyone was joking around in that thread

Yeah there is having a joke,but I didnt find it very amusing and neither did the member you "joked" about with,I think the exact words she used was discusting.Hence why i delted them,imo you crossed the line.Anyway its been locked..deal with it and move on like most people would.

Thanks but that's not really helping :D

It doesn't have to be about one-night stands and she doesn't have to be drunk :rolleyes:

Learning how to interact with women can lead to long term relationships

ohh is that what you mean...
if you got to touch a woman on the first night and end up scoring i'm SO sure she wouldn't want a long term relation ship from that...

in order to get a long term one you gott start from talking, then dates and you'll sort your way through it

SickJoke

Yeah there is having a joke,but I didnt find it very amusing and neither did the member you "joked" about with,I think the exact words she used was discusting. Hence why i delted them,imo you crossed the line.Anyway its been locked..deal with it and move on like most people would.

OK but that was just a joke in a different thread. This thread was a straightforward response to getbornagain's legitimate question that I'm sure lots of guys would be interested in.

Havocan

When you quoted me in your first post in this thread you said attraction and touching was normal. Of course, after having gone from conversation to fooling around with a girl you'll want to proceed to sexual intimacy with her, and that's where you really have to use the heavy artillery to convince her to go to bed with you.

SickJoke

When you quoted me in your first post in this thread you said attraction and touching was normal. Of course, after having gone from conversation to fooling around with a girl you'll want to proceed to sexual intimacy with her, and that's where you really have to use the heavy artillery to convince her to go to bed with you.

Hmm yeah I think I agree. Wasn't my thread in alignment with that statement though? After all the guy just wanted to know how to transition from conversation to fooling around, and that's all I talked about in the thread...

Doomed2Die

Not that I have any interest or respect for the methods, I think it was unfair that Remus locked the thread. We are after all, each entitled to our own principles.

Which is in the end, is why people are having a hard time with it.

SickJoke

Not that I have any interest or respect for the methods, I think it was unfair that Remus locked the thread. We are after all, each entitled to our own principles.

Which is in the end, is why people are having a hard time with it.

Thank you, a voice of reason!

I can understand that this might go against some people's beliefs about relationships. A lot of people believe "You shouldn't touch a girl AT ALL until the end of the first date, then you can give her an awkward kiss on the cheek!"

Danfalc

Banned
Thank you, a voice of reason!

I can understand that this might go against some people's beliefs about relationships. A lot of people believe "You shouldn't touch a girl AT ALL until the end of the first date, then you can give her an awkward kiss on the cheek!"

It wasnt locked I dont think just because of the principles.I cant speak for Remus,but the thread was/is causing friction,we also have young people on this site and some of the language was getting crude.And yeah alot of people found it desrespctfull.

And no Sickjoke...they you go putting words in peoples mouths because they dont agree with you.Just because some people dont agree with you doesnt mean they think "You shouldn't touch a girl AT ALL until the end of the first date, then you can give her an awkward kiss on the cheek!" :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Riiya

You have eyes. You don't always see (or know when to stop - a social skill you have yet to learn, it seems), but I'm pretty sure you can read and figure it out yourself.

And no Sickjoke...they you go putting words in peoples mouths because they dont agree with you.Just because some people dont agree with you doesnt mean they think "You shouldn't touch a girl AT ALL until the end of the first date, then you can give her an awkward kiss on the cheek!" :rolleyes:

Not to mention it's totally a straw man argument, man!

SickJoke

Riiya said:
Not to mention it's totally a straw man argument, man!

Hahaha :D

It wasnt locked I dont think just because of the principles.I cant speak for Remus,but the thread was/is causing friction,we also have young people on this site and some of the language was getting crude.

Well I'm not saying anyone here thinks that, but a lot of people in society do hold that opinion about relationships, so I can understand why touching earlier than that might seem surprising.

edit: And I think I kept my composure and remained respectful, even after so many people made personal attacks toward me :eek:

Last edited:

Doomed2Die

It wasnt locked I dont think just because of the principles.I cant speak for Remus,but the thread was/is causing friction,we also have young people on this site and some of the language was getting crude.And yeah alot of people found it desrespctfull.

Sex is on topic all the time, language is not heavily enforced...

Youself and Remus may have a problem with the thread, but a heck of alot of men(and women) do not. I cannot see why it's necessary to lock up topics due to how it conflicts with individual mods feelings on said topic(s).

* To add, in hindsight nothing was getting discussed what with all the arguing anyway.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.